Bear-Bear Might Ride and Fight Through

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wavehaven

Moderators: Misty, mikezilla

Bear-Bear Might Ride and Fight Through

Postby Bear-Bear » Thu May 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi Guys, It's Bear-Bear here. I will have to go down to King City to pick up my cell phone at the Days Inn. I was wondering if the address on this kingdom's threads is up to date, and if you guys could recommend any good hotels nearby your park? I'll see if other Thorians from the TR want to come with as well. Also, do you guys got anything special going on in Santa Cruz?

Bear-Bear; Thor's Refuge: Royal Guard
Bear-Bear

Re: Bear-Bear Might Ride and Fight Through

Postby Fiks » Thu May 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Special as in amusements? There's always the Beach Boardwalk. Some nice restaurants, lotsa nature/outdoors activities in the mountains, some fun pubs and bars. No real clubs or the like. Downtown's fun to walk down for a little bit, eat, catch a movie, etc. Since it's the weekend, there's prolly even a train running from the Boardwalk to the mountains. Go play on a choo-choo. Y'know, like you don't have those in Sac with the best train museum I've ever been to in Old Town there. :P

We're still meeting at Frederick Street Park currently. There's a bunch of hotels on Ocean Street, which is what Highway 17 dead-ends on, as well as a buncha hotels by the Boardwalk. Can't attest to quality of said hotels, really. I'd recommend doing a hotel.com or such search and check the user ratings. As a rule, though, I think some of the better hotels are gonna be on Ocean Street. The ones by the Boardwalk generally appear smaller and less-well maintained. Regardless, it's a quick drive to the park from Ocean Street or the Boardwalk.

And they're making you drive back for the cellphone? Tell the asses to mail or FedEx it to you. That's lame!
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Bear-Bear » Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Fiks wrote:Special as in amusements? There's always the Beach Boardwalk. Some nice restaurants, lotsa nature/outdoors activities in the mountains, some fun pubs and bars. No real clubs or the like. Downtown's fun to walk down for a little bit, eat, catch a movie, etc. Since it's the weekend, there's prolly even a train running from the Boardwalk to the mountains. Go play on a choo-choo. Y'know, like you don't have those in Sac with the best train museum I've ever been to in Old Town there. :P

We're still meeting at Frederick Street Park currently. There's a bunch of hotels on Ocean Street, which is what Highway 17 dead-ends on, as well as a buncha hotels by the Boardwalk. Can't attest to quality of said hotels, really. I'd recommend doing a hotel.com or such search and check the user ratings. As a rule, though, I think some of the better hotels are gonna be on Ocean Street. The ones by the Boardwalk generally appear smaller and less-well maintained. Regardless, it's a quick drive to the park from Ocean Street or the Boardwalk.

And they're making you drive back for the cellphone? Tell the asses to mail or FedEx it to you. That's lame!

Oh I wasn't gonna tour the area, I was gonna come join along with you guys for the day since I rarely go out that area. And I figure I make the trip more worth it by visiting. But thank you for the information Fiks, I'll check it out cause I will be there, I believe you guys fight on a Saturday right?

Oh and I asked the hotel to send the cell phone to me, and they said it was going to be sent out on Monday when I called last Sunday. I didn't recieve it yet, so I called them agains today and they said they were going to send it out tomorrow and the manager was avioding me. They gave me too many excuses and no message/feedback to stand on. They had no assurance. So there's two hotels I don't like in King City now: I don't like the Comfort Inn cause the lied to me and gave up my room, and Days Inn doesn't want to help a customer get their valuables back. So when I come down to King City again for an event, that leaves me with camping, Courtesy Inn, or Motel 6.

So I'll see all of you guys Saturday.

-Bear Bear
Bear-Bear

Postby Fiks » Thu May 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Yup, Saturday, any time after 1200. People show between 1200 and 1300.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Bear-Bear » Fri May 14, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm gonna have to cancel my trip to go through Wavehaven, I didn't get much people to tag along. So I will drive down and head back to the Refuge all in one night. But thanks Wavehaven, I'll pick another time to come out.

-Chris aka Bear-Bear
Bear-Bear

Return to Duchy of Wavehaven - Santa Cruz, CA