New to Amtgard: East meets West

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wavehaven

Moderators: Misty, mikezilla

New to Amtgard: East meets West

Postby UncleSamurai » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm a stickjock from Florida who hasn't swung foam since enlisting in July. Moved to Monterey in October and I've been aching for some "action". I'd like to come out and see what Amtgard's like here on the west coast, but I've a little problem. I know the chances of extra equipment being available for -me- is high, but I'm trying to convince others to come out together, too. Would this cause any trouble?
UncleSamurai

Re: New to Amtgard: East meets West

Postby mikezilla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Welcome to the area and Wavehaven!

We have some land loaner gear and most everyone has spare equipment they bring so it shouldn't be a problem for 5 or so to at least go flo.

As for a snapshot of the park we mostly ditch all day unless we get a big enough turnout, will run a basic battlegame(Speed flag/warlord/ring the bell/Jugging). Average turn out is 8-15, 20 on a good day.

This upcoming weekend wouldn't the best time to come out due to Westmarch mid-reign camping event down south. If you can make it down there that would be great all the info is in the upcoming events board. Most of the core of the park is going to be going so the park turn out would not be great.

We meet @ Frederick St. Park in Santa Cruz on Saturdays and you can't miss us out there. We start at 12 but more like 1230 before we start to get going.

Welcome once again and hope to see you and your crew soon.
Baron Mikezilla Darkwater
Squire to Sir Keluric Tryst
Member of Bellator Adamas
Member of House Bloodfog
"My sword sings the death it brings to briggins and to Kings."-Warriors Song, Sir. Forrest Evergreen
mikezilla

Postby Randy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:59 pm

UncleSamurai wrote:I'm a stickjock from Florida who hasn't swung foam since enlisting in July. Moved to Monterey in October and I've been aching for some "action". I'd like to come out and see what Amtgard's like here on the west coast, but I've a little problem. I know the chances of extra equipment being available for -me- is high, but I'm trying to convince others to come out together, too. Would this cause any trouble?

Your from florida and you don't have your own equipment?! Your tarnishing our rep bro.... :lol:
Randy

Postby UncleSamurai » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:42 pm

The equipment from my organization is probably illegal in Amtgard. You wouldn't want my old stuff. Plus, I auctioned it all off before I left for the military.
UncleSamurai

Postby UncleSamurai » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks for the reply, by the way. I read about the event for next weekend and I took that into account. I'll be going to the jazz festival over here in Monterey that weekend anyway. Nonetheless, we'll be coming the weekend after. March 10th. Look forward to gettin' the crap wacked outta me.
UncleSamurai

Postby krom » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 am

Hi, i am going to be transferring to CSUMB, in the fall and just wanted to see if you would be interested in swinging some foam during the week.
krom

Postby Grimbold » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:15 am

krom wrote:Hi, i am going to be transferring to CSUMB, in the fall and just wanted to see if you would be interested in swinging some foam during the week.

Do i see some visits to Aegir's Hall by Krom in the future? I think i do.
vincit qui se vincit
vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Grimbold

Postby krom » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Grimbold wrote:
krom wrote:Hi, i am going to be transferring to CSUMB, in the fall and just wanted to see if you would be interested in swinging some foam during the week.

Do i see some visits to Aegir's Hall by Krom in the future? I think i do.

That's what i am talking about. ;)
krom

Postby krom » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:14 pm

All of this fighting and practice are all part of my evil plan to get extremely good at hitting people with foam sticks :twisted: until then i need as many people to fight as possible and to learn from.
krom

Return to Duchy of Wavehaven - Santa Cruz, CA