A&S Summer 2012

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wavehaven

Moderators: Misty, mikezilla

A&S Summer 2012

Postby mikezilla » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 am

Like the name says this will be the place I will be posting A&S stuff as it comes along this reign so keep checking in.

I pose a challenge to the crafters of the land this reign and it is this: Craft something the gets it inspiration from our area. We got it all the ocean, the mountains, rolling green fields. Cook something with only items from one of the farmers markets. Take some photos and make postcards from "Wavehaven". Make a shield that looks like a Surfboard. You people are smart and crafty make it happen.

Stay Classy Wavehaven.
Baron Mikezilla Darkwater
Squire to Sir Keluric Tryst
Member of Bellator Adamas
Member of House Bloodfog
"My sword sings the death it brings to briggins and to Kings."-Warriors Song, Sir. Forrest Evergreen
mikezilla

Re: A&S Summer 2012

Postby mikezilla » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am

A&S NIGHT 6/8

Weapon build/repair, shop talk, etc.
Time:6:00 P.M.
Place:My place
We will be in the garage with the door open so dress accordingly.

If the cores I orders get here buy Friday I will have all the materials for short swords for anyone new and everything need for repair for the rest of us. Please PM me here or on facebook, email, flair gun, etc. if you are going to attend so I can get a head count and give you direction to my house if you haven't been here.
Member of House Bloodfog
"My sword sings the death it brings to briggins and to Kings."-Warriors Song, Sir. Forrest Evergreen
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:31 pm

A&S NIGHT 6/22

Sword & Board construction
Time: 6pm til whenever people want to quit.
Place: My Place (Message here or facebook for directions)
Cost: $15 for shield blank, ??$ for a handle/fabric for covers, New recruits get first sword for free!

Plank foam on order(Thanks Haplo!) and should be here for Friday,if not we will just make swords. If you wanted a handle for you shield I suggest a concrete float, they cost about $10 and you can pick them up at most any hardware store. If you go with just a strap at first you can add a handle later. I have a selection of different fabric odds and ends to make covers but if you wanted something specific you'll need to pick it up.

As before please hit me up so I can get a head count.

Stay Classy Wavehaven.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby Cream Puff » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Mike-

How many blanks will be available? How thick are they? I am interested in one as well but if there are only a few up for grabs I will defer to someone who doesn't yet have a shield.

Cream Puff
Cream Puff

Postby mikezilla » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:18 am

Its foam planks that are 2 1/4" thick, 2.2 density. It comes in 4 sheets that are 4'x2' because of shipping they have to cut it to this size, so depending on size 4-6 blanks can be cut from what we ordered. If I got the count right it was 3 of the new recruits that wanted shields but before they commit I was going to make them try a few different styles of shields(strap,handle,punch, snow disk type, etc.) to see what they like best and go from there.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Sorry I didn't post sooner but the foam is on back order so no shield construction this week and not sure when it will be in stock. The only reason we go to this place is the price so if you were looking to make a shield and don't mind spending the extra money you can go to www.warlordsports.com and get a pre-cut blank for $35-$50 depending on the options you want. We will still be making/repairing swords and equipment. Sorry again for the late notice.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:38 pm

A&S Night 7/6

First off to finish the swords you started there are some options.
1. I have this Wednesday(6/27) off, short notice but if people can make it great.
2. I will bring everything you need to finish to the park on Sat. you can finish them and then fight with them. With this option I would just make the covers and bring them. Three colors to choose from: black/white/turquoise-ish so let me know what color you want or you get black.

As for your shields still no foam in so I will call around and see if any prices have gone down in the area. If you can't wait I would go to warlordsports.com it is run by Amtgarders so they have exactly what you need.

I will be out of town this weekend (7/6) so your homework for the next meeting is getting ready for making garb.
For our newer players:
This should include thinking of a heraldry &/or colors you want to use and stuff like that. Be sure to look at the rules of play for what symbols/colors you are not aloud to use. Sewing and leather work is a tricky thing in a group. Depending on what equipment I can find, people I can bribe to help and what you do on your own we can get you in at least a tunic and belt by the the end of my reign.

For the rest of you:
Get ready to help me help the newer players make garb. Standard Bribe of food and alcohol.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Change of plans and I will be in town this weekend so A&S is on like donkey kong.

Friday 6/6
6:00 PM til wheneva
my place in the car hole.

Work on finishing projects and getting next ones planned out.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Make that 4:00 PM til 6:00 PM
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Lol make that 5pm til wheneva
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby Hashmal » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 am

do you hold these nights regularly? i really need to make a whole new set of equipment for myself, but i need a little heads up, and perhaps even a ride depending on when. if not, then i can at least reimburse someone for acquiring raw materials (so to speak) that i'll pick up at the park. really need to make me some light swords, a shield, throwing arms and garb. maybe a staff. i miss my staff :( so basically i'm making EVERYTHING
Hashmal

Postby mikezilla » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Every other Friday is what I have been shooting for. The next one will be 7/20. I have most everything you need on hand but no shield foam. I recommend http://www.warlordsports.com for pre-cut blanks. I had ordered some plank foam for super cheap but it went on back order so I just canceled it. With your transportation limitations we can set up a full day on a day off we have in common and get most of it done for you.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 pm

A & S 7/20

Time: 6ish til Wheneva!
Place: Mikezilla's craft cave
Project: ???

For the people that did their homework we can start to hobble together some garb. For the rest whatever you want to bring to work on.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 pm

A&S NIGHT 8/3

Same A&S time...(6pm til whenever)
Same A&S place...(My garage)

Nothing special planned just bring a project or some ideas and will go from there.

Stay classy Wavehaven.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Postby mikezilla » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:14 pm

A&S NIGHT 8/31

Its been a few week but we are a-go again.

@ my place, 6:00pm til we run out of things to do.

If you don't bring a project to work on you will be sweat shop labor for Feast of Mars projects that I will be working on.
Member of House Bloodfog
mikezilla

Next

Return to Duchy of Wavehaven - Santa Cruz, CA