1/31/09

Forum for members of the Siar Geata BOD

Moderator: Scorch Flamedancer

1/31/09

Postby Milan of Amber » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Are we to have a meeting before Feb, or will our first meeting be in Feb?
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Re: 1/31/09

Postby Rangor's Wench » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:49 pm

A couple of us agreed that this would be a good day to hold the first BOD meeting on a previous thread and I'm still good with 11:30am.
Wendy, Rangor's Wench

I am Nobody.
Nobody is Perfect.
Therefore I am Perfect!

DO EEEET!!! http://go.yaplet.com/?url=http://www.ca ... om/phpBB3/
Rangor's Wench

Postby LucasTheLost » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:13 pm

We had several "Yea"s and no "Nays" to my suggestion we meed on the 31st, at 11:30 before the regular park day.

I suggest we go forward with that plan unless someone has a Strong Opinion against it, and voices said opinion in the next 44.5 hours or so.

I believe we were mostly going to get together to discuss officers. Do we have Any Other Business to put before the BOD?

As Miles pointed out in his "Vote For Miles" post, we should start thinking about an Autocrat (or autocrats) for fair/mid-reign ASAP. The corpora states that this falls to the Regent (as does Coronation), so that's not really our thing, save that the only candidate for Regent happens to be on this board.

The BOD can make whatever recommendations it wants in that regard, but has no actual authority.

(in other words... "err... nevermind")

I would like our Liason, who ever that happens to end up being to work on making Official Contact with Kit Carson Park, that we might ingratiate ourselves with them, and to ensure we're In Compliance With Local Ordinances. I'm thinking of things like "Help clean up the park on a Sunday"... volunteer work type stuff. The monarch could offer some encouragement to convince more people to show.

EDIT: A longer term goal of our BOD should be to Attain Nonprofit Status. Based on conversations in the main BOD forum, I think we can safely table that for a year or two.
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

<wheeze>Get off my lawn.</wheeze>
LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Postby Brigade » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Aside from Officers .. we need to make certain that everything RE: Duchy status is in order sooner rather than later.

Also, we have a status report to make certain gets put together and ready to go. Can't let Uranaga make us look bad .. his was ripped and set early, and looked fantastic.
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Postby Rangor's Wench » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:00 pm

LucasTheLost wrote:As Miles pointed out in his "Vote For Miles" post, we should start thinking about an Autocrat (or autocrats) for fair/mid-reign ASAP. The corpora states that this falls to the Regent (as does Coronation), so that's not really our thing, save that the only candidate for Regent happens to be on this board.

The BOD can make whatever recommendations it wants in that regard, but has no actual authority.

We should discuss this anyhow, especially faire because we're the public contact, are we not? It would be beneficial to discuss how the application process for Gold Coast works, participation with the Queen & public, and any information from those with prior experience have to share.

As far as coronation, midreign and autocratting hopefully we can start having Monarchy meetings for these types of discussions soon to get the ball rolling.
Wendy, Rangor's Wench

I am Nobody.
Nobody is Perfect.
Therefore I am Perfect!

DO EEEET!!! http://go.yaplet.com/?url=http://www.ca ... om/phpBB3/
Rangor's Wench

Postby Brigade » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:07 pm

LucasTheLost wrote:I suggest we go forward with that plan unless someone has a Strong Opinion against it, and voices said opinion in the next 44.5 hours or so.

Does a Strong Opinion about having to get up @ Oh God Early on a Saturday mean much? :)
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Postby LucasTheLost » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Brigade wrote:
LucasTheLost wrote:I suggest we go forward with that plan unless someone has a Strong Opinion against it, and voices said opinion in the next 44.5 hours or so.

Does a Strong Opinion about having to get up @ Oh God Early on a Saturday mean much? :)

Let me amend that:

"Unless someone that matters has a Strong Opinion against it."
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

<wheeze>Get off my lawn.</wheeze>
LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Postby Brigade » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:08 am

Damn .. guess I both set myself up for that .. and will be waking up early.

Unless .. Hey Milan .. could you ..

Oh wait .. I forgot about Lucas's clarification.
Brigade

Return to BOD