BOD topics for May meeting?

Forum for members of the Siar Geata BOD

Moderator: Scorch Flamedancer

BOD topics for May meeting?

Postby LucasTheLost » Tue May 05, 2009 9:24 am

We were actually supposed to hold it last Saturday... whoops. I'll bet we had a quorum too. Bah!

At any rate, does anyone have anything they'd like to see brought before the BOD? Folks not on the BOD directly can PM/post-to-the-main-forum if they'd like to see us address something.

Keep in mind that we're discovering more and more that the usual answer to most topics that come up is "we have no authority over that".

For example:
Board Moderation Guidelines: Not Our Thing. That's strictly internal.
Community Service Project: Kinda sorta, but not really.

Aha! Subject: Lets discuss the actual authority we do have. We can start from here:

Section 1. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. The Board of Directors (“the Board”, “Board”, “BOD”) shall
a. Deal with any government or outside agencies, businesses, or organizations, or any of the local chapter’s subsidiary chapters with regard to contractual obligations.
b. Be consulted prior to the change of status in any sponsored chapter of the Confederacy.

Section 3. LIMITATIONS OF THE BOARD
1. The Board has no status in the order of precedence and no jurisdiction over any internal club or local chapter functions except as noted above.
2. The Board has no power to change, amend, alter, or otherwise affect the rulebook, Corpora, or supplements to either publication.

(emphasis added)

My interpretation: If its not a contract or a sub-land status change, a BOD has no Actual Authority. I'm hesitant to set a precedent of "Handing Down Suggestions", as they can become Law if we're not careful... setting future Amtgardians up for a series of year-long despotisms.

Ooh! I haven't used that word in years. "Despotism". Yay.

Anyone else want to bring something up?
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

<wheeze>Get off my lawn.</wheeze>
LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Re: BOD topics for May meeting?

Postby Brigade » Tue May 05, 2009 1:57 pm

I'd suggest not doing Faire .. ever .. again.

However that doesn't fall under the authority of the BOD .. :x
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Return to BOD