ARTICLE II - Membership

Feedback and updates relating to the Westmarch kingdom corpora.

ARTICLE II - Membership

Postby Keluric » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:50 pm

ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. DEFINITION
1. Membership is limited to persons who have signed a waiver within any chapter of Westmarch.
a. Persons under the age of eighteen (18) may only join if their legal guardian signs a waiver for them.
2. No person under the age of fourteen (14) may fight without the permission of the local monarch. If an event does not fall under the jurisdiction of a local monarch, then the Kingdom Monarch shall make the decision. They can, however, still be a member. A parent, legal guardian or someone approved by the parent/legal guardian must be present for persons under the age of fourteen (14) to participate.

Section 2. TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
1. A non-voting member need not meet any attendance requirements, nor pay dues in the Kingdom. They must have a signed waiver on file with their local prime minister.
2. All members of all chapters sponsored by the Kingdom are considered to be non-voting members of the Kingdom.
3. A voting member must do as follows:
a. Have a signed waiver on record in one of the chapters of Westmarch for at least six (6) months,
b. Maintain membership in no other Amtgard chapters,
c. Be currently dues-paid in one of the chapters comprising Westmarch,
d. Have no membership in other Amtgard chapters not sponsored by Westmarch for the previous three months,
e. Have attended a minimum of six (6) of the weekly meetings in the last three (3) months, and
f. Be at least fourteen (14) years of age.

Section 3. CREDITS
1. All members who attend and play a class (including reeves and non-combatant roles such as color) at an officially scheduled meeting or function shall gain one (1) credit in that class.
2. If scheduled Amtgard events preclude members from playing a class, then they may still sign in as that class.
3. If serving as a reeve precludes members from playing a class, they may still sign in as that class.
4. Officially scheduled meetings occur at least once every other week, unless otherwise noted.
5. All members who attend and participate at an officially scheduled fighter practice event shall gain one-quarter (¼) Warrior credit.
a. A player may receive no more than one-half (½) Warrior credit per week from fighter practices.
6. Additional credits may be awarded for attendance at feasts, special events, or events in other Amtgard chapters at the discretion of the local monarch.
a. Travel of more than 250 miles from Gilroy, CA, shall grant one (1) additional credit, in addition to any credits earned from the event.
b. Members of non-Core chapters may receive this additional credit for travel more than 250 miles from their home park.
7. Members may earn no more than eight (8) credits per month, at rate of no more than two (2) per week.
a. More than two (2) credits may be earned in a single week if there was a multi-day event that week.

Section 4. TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
1. If a person’s membership is terminated, that person is no longer a member of the Kingdom, or their local land.
2. Membership is automatically terminated when a member begins maintaining their records in another Amtgard chapter, outside of Wesmtarch.
3. Members who have terminated their own membership voluntarily or through maintaining their records in another Amtgard chapter may restore their membership by:
a. Communicating their intent to the local prime minister and,
b. Maintaining their records solely in one of the lands or chapters comprising Westmarch.
4. A person’s membership may be terminated by joint agreement of the Kingdom Monarch, Prime Minister, and Guildmaster of Reeves.
5. Cases in which membership may be terminated include, but are not limited to:
a. Repeated violations of the, most current, Amtgard Rules of Play.
b. Violent or dangerous behavior at an Amtgard event or meeting.
c. Criminal activity at Amtgard events.
6. A person whose membership is terminated may appeal, to the Kingdom Althing, to have their membership restored. Restoration of membership requires a 2/3 approval of an Althing vote.
Baron Sir Keluric Tryst
Prince of Westmarch

Bellator Adamas
Rutgers Jugging Team
Grand Vizier of the Briny Deep
Keluric

Re: ARTICLE II - Membership

Postby Randy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:49 pm

I beleive it ended on the note of "leave the Amtgard way, unless the government makes an issue of it" we can still change that in the future if needed, especially if it is government mandated.
Randy

Postby Etah » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Considering that there is already the rule:
5. All members who attend and participate at an officially scheduled fighter practice event shall gain one-quarter (¼) Warrior credit.
a. A player may receive no more than one-half (½) Warrior credit per week from fighter practices.

Which means, people can't make 20 million righter practices and level up very quickly.

So why is there this rule?
7. Members may earn no more than eight (8) credits per month, at rate of no more than two (2) per week.

What is the purpose for limiting credits? Last month I attended Darkshore, Salt Wars and two weekly park days, so for Salt Wars I had to enter mostly color credits for me and everyone else that attended Darkshore and Salt Wars. Sure, in that month I would have leveled up more than an entire level, but that was a whole lot of Amtgard. Furthermore a PM, this rule is annoying and makes me look up credits for each person and do all sorts of math.

a. More than two (2) credits may be earned in a single week if there was a multi-day event that week.

My comprehension might just be fail, but I don't quite understand the meaning of this line.
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby Randy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Etah,

Honestly I don't see how you can compare the two rules. That being said, I agree with you that the credit limit is a bit outdated. I believe the committee kept the rule because it has been a standard of amtgard since most of us can remember and we did not want to rock the boat anymore than we already have. I could be wrong though, its been awhile since our meeting.
Randy

Postby Azus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Right, the goal laid out for us was to streamline the current corpora, fix the current issues, not make major changes. Too many major changes would make passing this corpora harder in the time limit we had. As I recall there were a couple / few areas we pretty much agreed to table for now, and if people feel the need to change we can do it as a regular corpora amendment / allthing instead of via small committee.
Azus

Postby Etah » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:48 pm

evil Randy wrote:Etah,

Honestly I don't see how you can compare the two rules. That being said, I agree with you that the credit limit is a bit outdated. I believe the committee kept the rule because it has been a standard of amtgard since most of us can remember and we did not want to rock the boat anymore than we already have. I could be wrong though, its been awhile since our meeting.

The first one I listed, because it places a meaningful limit on fighter practices and things of that nature. It means me and my friend can't sit on the front lawn every day at 6 PM and level up warrior quickly. So the 8 credits a month is only constraining legitimate Amtgard activity.

Thanks for the replies.

Also, I just don't quite understand what line 7:a means.
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby Randy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 pm

You would have to fully read rule 7. It limits points to 2 a week. 7.a allows more than 2 a week IF there was an event involved. Basically someone couldn't travel from SLO on saturday to SAC on sunday expecting to get more than 2 points, unless it were an event that sunday. I'm not sure why that rule is there, my guess would be because other coporas read similar
Randy

Postby Azus » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 am

It's further spreading out the credits. No more getting 8 credits in one weekend via shenanigans, something I've heard a couple people say they've seen over the years (not necessarily here).
Azus

Postby Hannoske » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 pm

So as an example on how to get a lot of credits.

Assumption 1: Your kingdom allows travel credits, let's say something as simple as traveling 100 miles.
Assumption 2: You have lands at just the right distance.
Assumption 3: There is no credit limit

Fact 1: Most corporas do not limit the number of regular park days (read w/ class battle) that can be scheduled/occur (i.e. more than 1/week is possible)
Fact 2: If a class battle is played, you gain a credit in that class.

Scenario 1: I do fight practice on Monday (.25). Park day at my park on Tuesday (1). Park day at Park B on Wednesday (2), event in another kingdom Thursday-Saturday (4), Park B park day on Sunday (2). Total: 9.25 credits in 1 week.
Scenario 2: I do fight practice on Monday (.25). Park day at my park on Tuesday (1). Park day at Park B on Wednesday (2), fight practice on Thursday (.25), fight practice on Friday (.25), Park day at my park on Saturday (1), and Park day at Park B on Sunday (2). Total: 6.75 credits in 1 week.

Per the draft Westmarch corpora, Scenario 1 in Westmarch would allow up to 8 credits and Scenario 2 in Westmarch would allow up to 2 credits.

Personally, I don't see the point to credit limits as long as people are following the rules (i.e. actually playing their class in a class battle, and only warrior credits for fight practice). That means they are out playing Amtgard, and they are gain real life experience fighting and playing their class. Why add artificial time between games. The base rule equates to playing your class 61 times on different days. What does it matter if they are consecutive days, so long as you played?
Hannoske

Postby Azus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 am

I'm thinking in a year or so, after the revised corpora has been ratified, a bunch of us get together, put together an airtight revision removing credit limits, and lobby strongly for the removal. :)
Azus

Postby Randy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:00 am

Wouldn't really take a group, just someone to propose an amendment to the copora. The committee process works great to build a foundation, after that its pretty easy to maintain. Is there a deadline for when this will go before an allthing?
Randy

Return to Westmarch Kingdom Corpora