ARTICLE X - Mundane Laws

Feedback and updates relating to the Westmarch kingdom corpora.

ARTICLE X - Mundane Laws

Postby Keluric » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:51 am

ARTICLE X: MUNDANE LAWS

Section 1. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Members are required to obey all federal, state, city, county, and municipal laws.
2. Violations of the law occurring at Kingdom or chapter functions that endanger members of the Kingdom or the public should be reported to the proper authorities.

Section 2. VIOLATIONS
1. In the event that an individual should be caught and/or proven guilty of (i) assault with a deadly weapon (gun, sword, knife, etc.), (ii) possession or trafficking of narcotics, (iii) serving alcohol to a minor, or (iv) any other felony offense on the premises of any Amtgard function, that individual may be punished by the kingdom.
a. Punishment may include (i) being expelled from the site of the event, (ii) an immediate call to the mundane law enforcement officials, (ii) being stripped of all titles and knighthoods as per this Corpora, (iii) termination of membership permanently or for one year, as per this Corpora, (iv) being banned from Amtgard battlegames, tournaments and events permanently or for one year, at the discretion of the Monarch, Prime Minister, and the Guildmaster of Reeves.
2. In the event that an individual should be caught and/or proven guilty of (i) assault with a non-deadly weapon (fist, stick, flagrant abuse of an Amtgard weapon), (ii) petty theft, (iii) willful destruction of property, or (iv) any other misdemeanor offense on the premises of any Amtgard function, that individual may be punished by the kingdom.
a. Punishment may include (i) being expelled from the site of the event, (ii) an immediate call to the mundane law enforcement officials, (ii) being stripped of any titles and knighthoods as per this Corpora, (iii) termination of membership for three to six months, as per this Corpora, (iv) being banned from Amtgard battlegames, tournaments and for two to six months, at the discretion of the Monarch, Prime Minister, and the Guildmaster of Reeves.
3. Any person subject to any punishment by the kingdom may appeal the decision to the Althing by presenting a petition signed by 20% of the dues-paid members to the Althing and receiving a two-thirds vote of the Althing.

Section 3. DISCLAIMER
1. Westmarch does not condone any illegal activity or physical violence against any person.
2. Westmarch is a not-for-profit, free, non-sectarian group dedicated to the recreation of medieval and fantasy genres.
3. Westmarch officials are not responsible for any injuries sustained while playing Amtgard.
Baron Sir Keluric Tryst
Prince of Westmarch

Bellator Adamas
Rutgers Jugging Team
Grand Vizier of the Briny Deep
Keluric

Re: ARTICLE X - Mundane Laws

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:56 am

If there is a law being broken, and it is observed, who is responcible to call the authorities? Is it the person that sees the infraction? The monarchy of the land involved? Security at the event? What if there is no security? Will a number be provided at our of town functions? What are the consequences of looking the other way?

I have seen numerous instances of under aged drinking. Some caused by the underaged person grabbing some one elses drink, others are offered drink outright. I have also wittnessed fist fights by those that are drinking, and there were no consiquences for those involved. People seemed to want to protect the person who started the fight.I like the fact that this is mentioned, but I would like to know more about how it will be enforced.
Lady Tamara

Postby Etah » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Groo might have a better answer, but my understanding is that the Police generally won't respond unless a wronged party calls them. Which means that someone seeing a fight will be ignored, someone who got punched in the face would not be.

As for underage drinking, I think concerned persons should inform the monarch or the autocrat and let them deal with it, or else we might have 20 million people calling the police every time they see someone underage drinking soda in a red plastic cup and acting goofy.
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby Mannanan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:14 pm

I think that we need to define what a ban entails and to what degree a banned member is allowed to interact with Amtgard by physical presence or social media. Such a definition would help in establishing clear guidelines for Amtgards protection and the protection of any banned player.

A procedure may need to be established to more clearly outline how to handle violations of a ban and more clearly outline the steps necessary to appeal a ban.
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Etah, if someone calls the police or 911 the calls are handled in the following order of importance:

Actual or threat of harm of to a person
Actual or threat of harm of to property
Anything else
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Courtenay » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 am

Here is what I see needing to be clearly defined regarding a banishment from Westmarch.

What is the point of banning?
Punishment?
Disassociating from Westmarch do to illegal or inappropriate behavior?

If Westmarch has decided to disassociate/ban a member, should not that ban include contact and communication with Westmarch members at meetings and message boards for any other reason then appealing their ban? Should not contact and communication be clearly defined to protect everyone involved including the banned member?

Who handles an issue with a member who has been banned by Westmarch?
Is it the land where the player showed up?
Is it Westmarch?
Is it a monarchy or BoD issue?
Lady Courtenay
Woman at Arms to Sir Nakita
Courtenay

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:22 am

Why not recruit directly from the police department? It would be great baton training for the officer and increase their speed and accuracy, as well as help them block any hits coming their way. That way the police are already there. :D
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Randy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Lady Tamara wrote:Why not recruit directly from the police department? It would be great baton training for the officer and increase their speed and accuracy, as well as help them block any hits coming their way. That way the police are already there. :D

The problem is most police shouldn't be using their batons the way we use swords. They wouldn't do much damage, and if they threw the shots properly would get alot of complaints from Amtgarders. Athletic people using proper mechanics can still cause harm, just ask the Sailors I train in close quarter combat. :lol:
Randy

Postby Collin the Red » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Still recruiting from law enforcement, first responders (firefighters/EMTs), doctors, and a lawyer or 2, would be great to have as a resource to ask questions of and help in case of injuries.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Return to Westmarch Kingdom Corpora