Allthing

Feedback and updates relating to the Westmarch kingdom corpora.

Allthing

Postby Randy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Is there a date set to cote on the proposed Kingdom Copora? I realize the bid was pulled for this year, but think it would be a great idea to ratify the proposal sooner rather than later.
Randy

Re: Allthing

Postby Water Hammer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 pm

cote

I think it looks ready for a vote. :D Bureaucrat Approved. :?
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Postby Keluric » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:09 pm

There is not a current date, but I plan to have it ready for a vote on the September Althing. Since it is a Kingdom level corpora, there is less need to rush. Although, there is some discussion about implementing some ideas into the current corpora as well.
Baron Sir Keluric Tryst
Prince of Westmarch

Bellator Adamas
Rutgers Jugging Team
Grand Vizier of the Briny Deep
Keluric

Postby SirEuric » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 pm

BING! Everyone needs to look at this and familiarize yourself with it for the althing vote when the time comes as this and the bid packet are all that we still need.

On the Kingdom Packet, I suggest we start getting group pics every Westmarch day. And our Westmarch garb, armor, shields etc made and displayed. We would look so badass with 50 of us up there in red, white and black come Clan 2013.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Hannoske » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:49 am

Keluric wrote:There is not a current date, but I plan to have it ready for a vote on the September Althing. Since it is a Kingdom level corpora, there is less need to rush. Although, there is some discussion about implementing some ideas into the current corpora as well.

*cough*
Hannoske

Postby Guyvas » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Hey it'd be really great if this made its way onto the December or January ballot. That'd be great. Thanks!
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Collin the Red » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 pm

TWIMC

We need to vote on this ASAP.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Jace » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Collin the Red wrote:TWIMC

We need to vote on this ASAP.

^ this.
“Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” Euripides

Lord Jacelendrahz "Jace" Darkholme
Jace

Postby Collin the Red » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 am

We have coronation Saturday. As the first act of the new monarchy it would be GREAT to have this as an Althing item for January.

Yes, I'm directing this to the new Monarchy as the ball has been dropped and is lying in the mud rotting at our feet. PICK IT UP, wash it off, and let us get this done!
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Etah » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Why should the vote be now? We are six to eight months out from Clan. Wouldn't a vote be more appropriate around 3?
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby Mannanan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Etah wrote:Why should the vote be now? We are six to eight months out from Clan. Wouldn't a vote be more appropriate around 3?

Layzy voting is a problem in real world politics where people do not fully understand what they are voting on. I would like to see our corpora vote be different from Prop.X, Y and Z. Announcing a vote with a date might encourage more people to re-read (or read for the first time) the corpora and voice any concerns they may have. If we announced a proper date soon for a vote in the next month or so it may be the fire lit under the collective butts of any one who hasn't read the material. Also, if for whatever reason(s) a vote doesn't pass there is more time to address why.
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Postby Jace » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 pm

We need educated voters. If a date is set and people know that they need to read by x date, it lights a fire under their asses.
“Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” Euripides

Lord Jacelendrahz "Jace" Darkholme
Jace

Postby Hannoske » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 am

We want to vote now so that the monarchy and BOD have time to put together our formal bid package, which is recommended for delivery to the COM NO LATER THAN three months before Clan. It is recommended that our bid package be professionally published in hard copy and mailed out, as well as digital copies made available for the rest of Amtgard (that last one is my recommendation). The COM needs time to review our package prior to the vote, and we need time to put that package together upon completion of the corpora vote. Further, if we put the vote off, it tells the COM, and the rest of Amtgard that it wasn't important enough, and shows that we are procrastinators, especially since we had this written last March...

We only have 6 months until Clan, this is the final push. Honestly with the whole package, I would recommend we close the info with our next audit, and give a verbal presentation identifying that the trends shown in the report have continued. This gives the COM a clear picture of our governing structure, and audit system.
Hannoske

Postby Azus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:58 am

Etah wrote:Why should the vote be now? We are six to eight months out from Clan. Wouldn't a vote be more appropriate around 3?

We cleaned up the corpora, avoided making radical changes. There's no reason it shouldn't pass, except that Murphy's Law rules the universe. A late no-vote means we lack time to correct issues and revote. An early vote means we have to time fix and concerns if it fails.
Azus

Postby Collin the Red » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Collin the Red wrote:We have coronation Saturday. As the first act of the new monarchy it would be GREAT to have this as an Althing item for January.

Yes, I'm directing this to the new Monarchy as the ball has been dropped and is lying in the mud rotting at our feet. PICK IT UP, wash it off, and let us get this done!

This was over the top. I appologize to past and curent monarchy for my colorful words. While I am still waiting for the althing, I expressed it poorly.
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Next

Return to Westmarch Kingdom Corpora