Corpora Clarification or possible change

Feedback and updates relating to the Westmarch kingdom corpora.

Corpora Clarification or possible change

Postby Collin the Red » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:47 am

Please read all quotes before replying
Corpora wrote: ARTICLE VI: CROWN QUALIFICATIONS
Section 1. GENERAL INFORMATION
2. Crown Qualifications will be held once every six (6) months, at least one (1) week prior to crown elections.
b. Each chapter may host its own Crown Qualifications on the same weekend, or within a week of Kingdom Quals.

And
Corpora wrote: ARTICLE VI: CROWN QUALIFICATIONS
Section 7. MIDREIGN EVENT
1. The cultural competition (“Dragonmaster”), is held in the same manner as per the Cultural Events of Crown Qualifications, except where noted.

If I'm reading these correctly, because the local land's quals must be with in one week of Kingdom Quals, AND midreign "is held in the same manner...except where noted" AND it is not noted that the 1 week limit is not for midreign, it can be seen that midreigns must happen with in the same 1 week limit. This makes sense as PMs step up and tithes are due based on Midreigns. If this is not the intent, adding a line releasing lands to have their midreigns when they choose. Or, set some other limit, like 2-3 weeks either side of the Kingdom midreign.

I personally would be fine either way, but I do want this Officially clarified. I would also like to see a release of the 1 week requirement of non-core lands or extra time for those lands. Otherwise, some non-core lands are going against corpora currently.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Re: Corpora Clarification or possible change

Postby Fiks » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 pm

I feel the text for Midreign Dragonmaster and Weaponmaster specifically refer to the cultural events and fighting events sections of the Crown Quals, and nothing else. Thus the time frame is not inherited because it is specified in a separate section that deals with Quals only.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Return to Westmarch Kingdom Corpora