Coronation Tourney

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Mistyvale

Coronation Tourney

Postby Therrin_Greycloud » Mon May 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Hello all,

Have we any plans for a Tourney on the day of coronation?
A glorious tournament to appease the incoming monarchy seems fit. A group of the best fighters vying to prove their worth to our Great leaders.
Let the fighters be chosen for the Court Guard and the victor Captain of said Guard.
Just a humble suggestion.

With all sincerity,
Therrin GreyCloud.
Therrin_Greycloud

Re: Coronation Tourney

Postby marhault » Thu May 14, 2015 10:20 am

While I have nothing against a tourney, the Issue I would have is, what do the rest of us do? I, for instance, am very nearly physically disabled, and while I could (Possibly, but not definitely) play is a battle game where a lot of my time is merely walking or standing punctuated with moments of ferocious activity, a Tournament is very action oriented with a great deal of movement required, which pretty much precludes me from joining in, and I am not the only one, Now I could be a reeve for the tourney, but in reality we only need two reeves and there are a great deal more of us then that. I would love a tourney, if there was something the rest of us could do as well, but tournaments take a great deal of time, especially if were going to anoint someone for an honor position, which, by the way I think is a great idea. if we have enough people, we could do both, and have the Flurb tavern as well, :D but it would require some coordination, and therefore a LOT more time to craft.
marhault

Postby Therrin_Greycloud » Thu May 14, 2015 5:08 pm

We've set up a multi-park tourney in a day. Setting up your basic Tourney is not all that complex.
As far as what would the rest do,
You specifically are GMR, I would hope you would be a Reeve at said tourney.
And get everyone involved, the Flurb Tavern(have someone teach them how betting works) could hold open gambling over the competing fighters, which would bring more people to watch and participate in the Tourney.(just a suggestion)
Think of it this way, in the time of Kings and Castles, the entirety of the Kingdom did not fight in the Tournaments held by the crown yet, everyone was there watching and cheering; they knew that what they were watching was the future defenders of their Monarch prove their worth.
If we start at 1300, we can be done by 1400-1430 easy; leaving several hours for Coronation, Tavern pit fights, as well as a battle game or two(if Delta sets up quick games.)
Therrin_Greycloud

Postby Lady Tamara » Fri May 15, 2015 7:26 am

Gambling is illegal without a permit. I would prefer to not be kicked out of the park for that. :lol:
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Delta » Fri May 15, 2015 12:21 pm

So, yes I will be trying to set up a tournament for coronation, and I will be setting up some battlegames for before and after the tournament (not sure about when they will take place quite yet) but the plan is to run a quick tourney it may just be single sword and open weapon tournament to make it easy cause alot to do not enough time but I'm open to suggestions but I would prefer to not consume the day with one tournament and no battlegames or too few of them.
Delta

Return to Duchy of Mistyvale - Sacramento, CA