Quest Day

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

Quest Day

Postby 2.0 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:34 pm

we were planning on running the second day of the principality quest this upcoming reign at wyvernspur. if you would be interested in being an NPC or just want to know more info about it, this would be the thread to ask

no solid date as of yet, still waiting to hear from quinn/bran/mask as to what would be the best for all
2.0/Xerox
Captain of the Crusaders
Wolf Cub under Axgar
Squire to Sir Axgar
deimos wrote:A true evil overlord doesn't read a how-to manual on how to be an evil overlord. :P
pollux wrote:I want to add that the Black Phoenix is the *right* colored one.... :)

Re: Quest Day

Postby Azus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:48 pm

What's this about vespas and chainsaws? ;)

And I can NPC.
Azus

Postby AxeMurder » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Holy crap, a quest, that means my powers actually do something right?
AxeMurder

Postby 2.0 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 pm

umm...well it really depends on what kind of powers youre talking about. like the power to win an argument with tevas, not gonna work methinks...that illogical logic just confuzzles me
2.0/Xerox
Captain of the Crusaders
Wolf Cub under Axgar
Squire to Sir Axgar
deimos wrote:A true evil overlord doesn't read a how-to manual on how to be an evil overlord. :P
pollux wrote:I want to add that the Black Phoenix is the *right* colored one.... :)

Postby AxeMurder » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:37 pm

Well I play Bard most of the time.

Last game was particularly rough, one team was immune to subdual and the other team immune to control.

Too bad there wasn't anybody for Presence to work on or I might have gotten close to spending all my spell points, maybe I should have bought a second sword to go with my sword and board.
AxeMurder

Postby 2.0 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:24 pm

AxeMurder wrote:Well I play Bard most of the time.

Last game was particularly rough, one team was immune to subdual and the other team immune to control.

Too bad there wasn't anybody for Presence to work on or I might have gotten close to spending all my spell points, maybe I should have bought a second sword to go with my sword and board.
well thats just wyvernspur...and what level bard are you anyways? if youre only level one, presence does jack and crap, so dont waste spell points on it. hold person is uaully your money spell at low levels. and remember, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, monsters ARE NOTimmune to bard control. so charm away happy camper. btw, would you be interested in NPC'ing on the berkeley quest day?
2.0/Xerox
Captain of the Crusaders
Wolf Cub under Axgar
Squire to Sir Axgar

Postby thistledown » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:25 pm

2.0 wrote:hold person is uaully your money spell at low levels. and remember, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, monsters ARE NOTimmune to bard control. so charm away happy camper. btw, would you be interested in NPC'ing on the berkeley quest day?

Fey monsters are not immune to bard control. These were undead monsters, which are plenty immune to it.
thistledown

Postby 2.0 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:03 pm

thistledown wrote:
2.0 wrote:hold person is uaully your money spell at low levels. and remember, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, monsters ARE NOTimmune to bard control. so charm away happy camper. btw, would you be interested in NPC'ing on the berkeley quest day?

Fey monsters are not immune to bard control. These were undead monsters, which are plenty immune to it.
sorry to disappoint thistle, but this is a copy/paste straight out of the rulebook i just downloaded from amtgardinc:

Bardic Charm: Some monsters may be immune
to the control school, but not bardic charm.
Bardic charm is any control magic that is cast
by a bard (even those bought with Voice).

i think that pretty much means ALL monsters, not just fey and faye
2.0/Xerox
Captain of the Crusaders
Wolf Cub under Axgar
Squire to Sir Axgar

Postby Grix » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 pm

A while ago, I would have agreed with 2.0. That is no longer the case.

"Some monsters may be immune to the control school, but not bardic charm," means exactly what it says. There are some monsters that are immune to control but not bardic charm. There are also some monsters that are just plain immune to control. If you look in the Dor, it specifically lists if a monster is immune to bardic charm or not.
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby AxeMurder » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm a level 4 bard. If there's a barbarian on the opposing team I'll generally find the points to spare on a presence to have fun with. :)

As for the bardic charm vs monsters most fey have:
Immunity to control (save bardic charm)

I could NPC but then I'd never get to use Lore :(

Lore
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.
AxeMurder

Postby 2.0 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:17 pm

AxeMurder wrote:I'm a level 4 bard. If there's a barbarian on the opposing team I'll generally find the points to spare on a presence to have fun with. :)

As for the bardic charm vs monsters most fey have:
Immunity to control (save bardic charm)

I could NPC but then I'd never get to use Lore :(

Lore
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.

/groan
2.0/Xerox
Captain of the Crusaders
Wolf Cub under Axgar
Squire to Sir Axgar

Postby Sita » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:13 pm

I don't mind NPCing, although if it's for hard melee fighting, that isn't my forte. I like playing, so if you want something played... ah shit I'm not all here. Fuck it, if you want an NPC I'll oblige.
Sita Mahakali (सीता महाकाली)
Woman-at-Arms to Squire Grix

Sita

Postby 2.0 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:46 pm

you would be in luck, during the quest day in wyvernspur i will be in need of a great many non-fighting NPCs.

so who is the current monarchy, how do i get ahold of them, and is there any particular date in december all of you would be particularly receptive to hosting this battlegame?
2.0/Xerox
Captain of the Crusaders
Wolf Cub under Axgar
Squire to Sir Axgar

Postby SirEuric » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Bran Baron aye 9
nay 0
Quinn Regent aye 9
nay 0
Mask Champion Aye 9
nay 0
Sita GMR aye 8
nay 1

here is the list of the monarchy that will be in office in December , they all are pretty good about responding to pm's on this board.

Hope that helps!

Sir Euric
SirEuric

Postby Laoric » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:20 am

Why do I get the feeling Sita voted against herself?
“I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.”
Laoric
Robbie Suxxorz

Next

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA