Persona Quest Vee - Smoke and Mirrors

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

Persona Quest Vee - Smoke and Mirrors

Postby raccoonmask » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:19 am

Good day and welcome, adventurers all.
In classical definition, to go Adventuring is to beat up monsters and take their stuff. For more accurate usage: "Oh, we totally Adventured that troll!" or, "Man, that dragon Adventured us..." Often, however, the definition is expanded to include beating up monsters in order to get *rewarded* with stuff.
I have a few items of interest in this regard. One is a magical mirror, which leads into a magical maze. The other item is a dagger which I have been very fond of, but found little use for of late. The dagger is of a crude black iron, honed to a razor sharp edge, magically sharpened. The hilt is inset with onyx and obsidian... It was found and recovered in a tomb of many dead, sealing two cursed books away. This is the *prize*.
The actual quest is the mirror - inside is a fell creature of dark power and dark temperment. I wish it dead, that I might use the mirror for my own purposes. I'm sending the adventurers in to rid me of the evil inside.

Updating: We didn't end up with enough players so the quest was postponed. I'll be running it December 16th.
Last edited by raccoonmask on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@`~`~~ MASK
Baron Wyvernspur
Blessed Assassin (Arthur - Round Table)
Ex-Champion of Saracen
Ex-Herald of Saracen and Bloodwolf
raccoonmask

Postby Kronk » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:33 pm

And just when, pray tell, had you in mind for this task to be done?
ad astra per alia porci
Kronk
ad astra per alia porci

Postby Azus » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:54 pm

I assume you're posting that for the benefit of all the Westmarchers coming to visit us tomorrow for the quest, as the day has been mentioned in our own forums.
Azus

Postby Kronk » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:46 pm

That, and also I'm big on posting ALL the relevant information when you announce an event, so those viewing it - even if they've seen it before - don't have to go searching all over hell to find what they need to attend. Crazy of me, I know.
ad astra per alia porci
Kronk
ad astra per alia porci

Postby Grix » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:15 am

Azus wrote:I assume you're posting that for the benefit of all the Westmarchers coming to visit us tomorrow for the quest, as the day has been mentioned in our own forums.

I don't see the date on WS's boards either.
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Azus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:34 am

http://www.foamwar.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2185&start=1

Like I said, the day mentioned, as opposed to the date truly posted.

I should stay off the internet when it's bedtime.
Azus

Postby Grix » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:19 am

Ah, silly me. I looked in the thread titled "Persona Quest Vee - Smoke and Mirrors" and not the thread titled "apologies" :wink:
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Kronk » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:06 am

OK, yeah, I take it back. Clearly this method of posting works MUCH better. By the time they finally find where the date is posted they're already commited to attending, due to the time investment they've put into finding all of the details. That works.
ad astra per alia porci
Kronk
ad astra per alia porci

Postby Azus » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:01 pm

Seeing how mask postponed the quest until whenever, I guess it works out pretty well that he never really gave a date for it.
Azus

Postby Kronk » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:55 am

I'm so very proud of the planning capabilities of my barony. FEMA could learn a few things from us. Thus, I have scheduled a shoot-date for an instructional video, to take place at the usual location on the date noted elsewhere at a time entirely subject to my whim. If(when) it's postponed, I'll be sure to let y'all know... after the fact.

Yeesh. :wink:

(emoticon-enabled for the humor-impaired)
ad astra per alia porci
Kronk
ad astra per alia porci

Postby raccoonmask » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:27 am

(For those of you travelling to join us, I appreciate your support. I also feel I should state that I won't be able to stay around for much past when the quest is over since I have to head to my parents' house to help them prepare and hose our big annual Latke party)
raccoonmask

Postby Kronk » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:38 am

Latke Party!!!! I think I'm going formal this year. :)
ad astra per alia porci
Kronk
ad astra per alia porci

Postby Azus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:57 am

As has been mentioned elsewhere (namely, the calendar thread, which seems an awfully logical place to mention any quest - and in fact our baron does use most brilliantly.{ Damn it, I'm tired of this title, defender of the baron.}), the new date is the 16th of December.

That's at Wyvern's Spur.

Starts at 1pm. That's ONE, not 2:30. For those who have been hit on the head too many times, that's when the big hand is straight up, and the little hand just a little bit to the right of it. Hopefully you haven't been head shotted so often you can't tell what straight up is.
Azus

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA