Odins Hammer

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

Odins Hammer

Postby Inurez » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:34 am

hay, so I was reading on the classes in my copy of the rule book, and I say that theres something called odins hammer underneath the barbarian section. I went to look in relics and it has it listed as A one handed 'red" weapon only useable by barbarians, and in fact, the only relic allowed to barbarians. now, I know red weapons are good, but can someone explain the color coding thing to me, Im a little confuesed. like, if someone makes a weapon, can they not make it whatever color they want?
Inurez

Re: Odin's Hammer

Postby Collin the Red » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:01 am

Inurez wrote:hay, so I was reading on the classes in my copy of the rule book, and I say that theres something called Odin's hammer underneath the barbarian section. I went to look in relics and it has it listed as A one handed 'red" weapon only usable by barbarians, and in fact, the only relic allowed to barbarians. now, I know red weapons are good, but can someone explain the color coding thing to me, I'm a little confused. like, if someone makes a weapon, can they not make it whatever color they want?

First - check the version of your rule book. Current edition is 7.5 here is a download: http://www.caamtgard.com/docs/docs/amt7_5_2008-12-12.pdf

Second - From said rules:
A Red Weapon, when swung in a slashing or bludgeoning manner, deals two points of damage and can be used to destroy a shield in three hits. In all cases where a one-handed weapon is red, the weapon or the user must have a red strip to indicate the effect.

The color of the weapon cover does not need to be red for a red weapon. AND a non-RED weapon can be covered in red cloth. Yet if it causes confusion on the field The champion or the Reeves can remove the weapon. Most likely if it is confusing they will have the person using the weapon announce the weapon (i.e. "This is RED!" or "Not a RED!") upon entering a combat.

Third - Odin's Hammer is now called "Heimdall’s Horn" and need not be a hammer. It is the only relic/magic item a barbarian can use.

Hope this helps.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Re: Odins Hammer

Postby Inurez » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am

well, heimdalls horn makes more sence.

but, can any one make a red weapon, or is there requierments?
Inurez

Postby Quinn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Inurez wrote:well, heimdalls horn makes more sence.

but, can any one make a red weapon, or is there requierments?

Anyone can make one: just follow the requirements for minimum padding and so forth from the rulebook. Whether or not you can use it depends what class you are playing.
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Quinn

Postby Azus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:55 pm

the rulebook wrote:Great If a weapon is five feet or more in length, has a minimum of three
feet of contiguous striking surface (staves must have at least two feet at
each end), and a minimum diameter of four inches (flat blades require a
four inch cross section) over the entire striking surface, then it is
considered Great and becomes Red when wielded two-handed in a
slashing or bludgeoning manner— Never when used to stab or pierce.
Azus

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA