bringing me midgets?

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

bringing me midgets?

Postby Inurez » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:07 am

ok, so my neighbor is apperintly as much into amtgard as me, so we spent the day makeing (or, in his case, attempting to) make some sords. I know, I know, I have to get them checked and everything, but Im pretty sure we followed all of the rules and stuff, I watched at least 10 videos on how to make them, so, yea. but anyway, his moms boyfriends son is into it to(yes, he is the "midget"). he wants to come out, same with my neighbor, but the only problem is the midget is 10, and I have to talk to the monarch about him actualy playing, right? well, before we get there this week, I just wanted to know who he/she is, and how I can identify him.
and whoever checks the weapons, need to know them to
Inurez

Re: bringing me midgets?

Postby Brigade » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:47 am

Just show up .. say "I'm the new guy from the boards" and everyone will make themselves known.

I hope someone brings a camera for the "First Weapon Syndrome" pics.

As far as the ankle-biter goes, different parks have different standards. Ours down here is if you're under 14, you have to have a parent present with you in order to participate.

Also, if you are under 18, you need a parent/guardian to sign a wavier. Or print it out and have them sign it for you ahead of time.
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Postby Lady Tamara » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:02 am

Brigade wrote:Just show up .. say "I'm the new guy from the boards" and everyone will make themselves known.

I hope someone brings a camera for the "First Weapon Syndrome" pics.

As far as the ankle-biter goes, different parks have different standards. Ours down here is if you're under 14, you have to have a parent present with you in order to participate.

Also, if you are under 18, you need a parent/guardian to sign a wavier. Or print it out and have them sign it for you ahead of time.

Everyone needs to sign a waiver at my park. We have children as young as 7. Some are getting pretty good too!
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Quinn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:45 am

At Wyvern's Spur our standard on children comes down to how they handle themselves on the field. We have had some very mature 10 year olds and some 14 year olds who act like they are 5. Case by case basis, though we don't accept anyone under 10. Anyone under 14 needs a parent there.
If you are new, the monarchy will introduce themselves the first day. Our park is not big enough that it is a problem.
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Quinn

Postby Inurez » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:47 am

Quinn wrote:At Wyvern's Spur our standard on children comes down to how they handle themselves on the field. We have had some very mature 10 year olds and some 14 year olds who act like they are 5. Case by case basis, though we don't accept anyone under 10. Anyone under 14 needs a parent there.
If you are new, the monarchy will introduce themselves the first day. Our park is not big enough that it is a problem.

ok, awesome. thanks
Inurez

Postby AxeMurder » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Was great to see so many new faces out this week. I hope to see all of you again soon.
AxeMurder

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA