Sunday 20th Blood fo Heroes + A&S

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

Sunday 20th Blood fo Heroes + A&S

Postby AxeMurder » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 am

I've decided we're going to do a bit of jugging here in October, probably just a game or two the whole month as it's not very popular around here but to set up for it I will be showing Blood of Heroes on Sunday the 20th after Amtgard at my house.

In addition I'll have materials available to make weapons and such to make sure we'll have the supplies we need to jugg come October.

I'll also have food and drink and can probably think of other things to bribe you guys with as well :)

If anybody feels like RSVPing here in advance I'd appreciate it so I can make sure not to go too overboard on yummies.
AxeMurder

Re: Sunday 20th Blood fo Heroes + A&S

Postby Inurez » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

whats jugging?
Inurez

Postby Fiks » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Jugging is win.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby AxeMurder » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:50 pm

It's a classless amtgard battle-game vaguely resembling rugby
http://www.amtwiki.org/amtwiki/index.php/Jugging
AxeMurder

Postby Fiks » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:44 pm

Jugging is also the sport featured in "Blood of Heroes" and our version is loosely based upon it. There are other groups around the world that adhere to more strict recreations of the sport.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Fiks

Postby Azus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:00 pm

rsvp'd
Azus

Postby AxeMurder » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Well it looks like I won't have Blood of Heroes as Netflix shipped me my next disc instead. I will still have everything else though.
AxeMurder

Postby Windir-weaponsmith » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:15 pm

hmmmm this game sounds and looks quite interesting, i shall have to bring this up with my shire, Diablo's Cauldren.
too bad i didnt see this earlyer, for we had our practice today, but one question on the subject is when do you come back to life? is thier a timed respawn rate?
Windir-weaponsmith

Postby Fiks » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:47 pm

In jugging each position has a set amount (usually five) of lives. Once a position loses all their lives, that position can't be played in that match. So it's possible to shatter out, say the quick on one team, making it so the other team can't score anymore. Assuming the other team doesn't have any points yet either (somehow), the team without a quick's only hope is to prevent the other team from scoring a point until the end of a round (100 stone usually, when all the teams get their lives back). Or shatter out the other quick, which ends the round.

And this is all according to the Iron Mountains rule-set, which WM here usually use. The AmtWiki entry has the complete IM jugging rules. It's pretty much a standard of jugging in Amtgard.

edit: Dah, didn't answer the easy question. A player is dead for 15 stone. A stone is about 2 seconds, though it's not entirely an accurate time system, which can make games interesting.
Fiks

Postby Windir-weaponsmith » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:55 pm

hmmm thanks bro :)
im most deffinatly bringing this up with the rest of the shire haha
Windir-weaponsmith

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA