A Declaration

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

A Declaration

Postby Aurel Von Slade » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 am

I, Aurel von Slade of Ashen Spire, hereby declare war upon the Barony of Wyvern's Spur. Reviewing our documents, myself and my fellows realized that Wyvern's Spur lies in a very strategically advantageous place, and upon discussion of this, we decided that Ashen Spire would benefit greatly if they were to come into possession of this land. Come March, your precious lands will be ours, and what was once your Barony will be little more than a bloody smear in the pages of history!

All flurbbery aside, let me know when in March is good with you guys, and what you need/want us (Ashen Spire) to do once the event gets going. Assuming you guys accept this declaration, of course.
"I'm part of the siege weapon."
"Banana Check!"
Aurel Von Slade

Re: A Declaration

Postby Keluric » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Interesting...

Since I believe that Wavehaven has a stake in WS, and SSD has a stake in it, I think we may have to rally to WS's aid on this one. WH and SSD conquered it some months ago, albeit it was easy since there were no defenders at that time of day.

So in essence, if you attack WS, you technically attack WH and SSD :p

Guess we may have to hear from the respective monarchs of those lands to see the outcome...
Baron Sir Keluric Tryst
Prince of Westmarch

Bellator Adamas
Rutgers Jugging Team
Grand Vizier of the Briny Deep
Keluric

Postby Orko » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Aurel Von Slade wrote:I, Aurel von Slade of Ashen Spire, hereby declare war upon the Barony of Wyvern's Spur. Reviewing our documents, myself and my fellows realized that Wyvern's Spur lies in a very strategically advantageous place, and upon discussion of this, we decided that Ashen Spire would benefit greatly if they were to come into possession of this land. Come March, your precious lands will be ours, and what was once your Barony will be little more than a bloody smear in the pages of history!

Shit just got real.
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Tevas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Keluric wrote:Since I believe that Wavehaven has a stake in WS, and SSD has a stake in it, I think we may have to rally to WS's aid on this one.

So in essence, if you attack WS, you technically attack WH and SSD :p

Orko the Red wrote:Shit just got real.

Holy shit, someone just shot Franz Ferdinand!
Tevas wrote:You will soon come to fear the Wrath of the Righteous.

Matt Larsen wrote:The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.

Ashen Spire wrote:I am part of the siege weapon.
Tevas

Postby Keluric » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Tevas wrote:Holy shit, someone just shot Franz Ferdinand!

Mr. Tevas, what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading your post is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:)
Baron Sir Keluric Tryst
Prince of Westmarch

Bellator Adamas
Rutgers Jugging Team
Keluric

Postby Tevas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Keluric wrote:
Tevas wrote:Holy shit, someone just shot Franz Ferdinand!

Mr. Tevas, what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading your post is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:)

Franz Ferdinand was the Austrian Duke whose assassination triggered a series of alliances to be activated, thus plunging the world into the War To End All Wars. Wavehaven's declaration of intent for both they and Seven Sleeping Dragons to defend Wyvern Spur is quite similar to this historic event.

Additionally, a drawn out fight in the forest on Wyvern Spur's field can be compared to trench warfare, the primary form of combat used in World War I.

I win all of your Internet points.
Last edited by Tevas on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matt Larsen wrote:The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.

Tevas

Postby Collin the Red » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:05 pm

I got the refrence right away, and I HATED history!
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Tevas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Collin the Red wrote:I got the refrence right away, and I HATED history!

My favorite thing about history is that it's based on a true story.

Tevas

Postby Keluric » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Actually, I did not declare the intent to go to war, I simply suggested that it would not surprise me. I cannot declare for either land because I am not a member of either monarchy. Hence, why I ended in saying we should wait to see what the monarchs of those lands do.

Additionally, I see little relevance in your connection to history, in that I suggested that WH and SSD would likely defend what, to them, is theirs. Since none of their leaders have been assassinated, the reasoning is very dissimilar. The connection I made was based on feudal need to protect a vassal state, or else lose it to another lordling. In essence, Aurel has declared war on SSD and WH by declaring war on its feudal holdings.

I suppose there is a mild connection, but mostly I just felt like quoting Billy Madison, and you happened to be the first available target :)
Baron Sir Keluric Tryst
Prince of Westmarch

Bellator Adamas
Rutgers Jugging Team
Keluric

Postby Tevas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Keluric wrote:Actually, I did not declare the intent to go to war, I simply suggested that it would not surprise me. I cannot declare for either land because I am not a member of either monarchy. Hence, why I ended in saying we should wait to see what the monarchs of those lands do.

Additionally, I see little relevance in your connection to history, in that I suggested that WH and SSD would likely defend what, to them, is theirs. Since none of their leaders have been assassinated, the reasoning is very dissimilar. The connection I made was based on feudal need to protect a vassal state, or else lose it to another lordling. In essence, Aurel has declared war on SSD and WH by declaring war on its feudal holdings.

I suppose there is a mild connection, but mostly I just felt like quoting Billy Madison, and you happened to be the first available target :)

*yawn*

Tevas

Postby Cadogan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:16 pm

As a history buff I found Tevas' analogy wholly appropriate.