Other Park?

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

Other Park?

Postby Azus » Mon May 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Cesar Chavez has the benefit that people who haven't been around for a while will look for us there. It's got some great terrain. Recruitment and travel seem to be issues. So, a couple weeks ago, we tried Codornices. Turns out, that Westfinder has started meeting there again on Sunday after a hiatus.

There are certain benefits to Codornices:
Parkwise: less rocks on the ground; a bigger and nicer field (when not closed as it is now for the grass to regrow, or in use by others); a large population that live there (other than the homeless!); people go there to hang out (as in, potential better recruitment), public transit (#65 bus) for the automotively impaired.

Westfinder meets there Sundays, so if we did want to go there, it's probably best we move there Saturdays to avoid stepping on their toes. Plus, we might recruit some of them. And when I say recruit some of them, one of their members has played Amtgard before and was telling me he'd be interested in playing with us more if we were up there. And.... of the ladies Thistledown invited over, one was saying she'd be interested in joining us if we met there.

So I think there's a very good chance that moving to Codornices we'd get a bit more interest.

Thoughts? Comments?
Azus

Re: Other Park?

Postby Etah » Mon May 09, 2011 11:40 pm

If you guys don't stay at the Marina, then you'll have to move back there when I transfer to Berkeley in a few years lol
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby thistledown » Tue May 10, 2011 7:23 am

I would like to move parks. Codornices is my top choice to move to, but I'm not entirely sold on it yet.
thistledown

Postby Fiks » Tue May 10, 2011 11:41 am

Neither the Urban Dictionary entry for the Westfinders nor did the Facebook page describe them much. Did(do?) they follow a particular rule-set or something?
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Azus » Tue May 10, 2011 2:19 pm

They're more improve larp than sport. rather different approach to the game.
Azus

Postby Etah » Tue May 10, 2011 2:26 pm

http://westfinder.weebly.com

It looks like a nerdy anime, Pseudo-Steam Punk type game where they heavily emphasize role playing (to the point that they have a director and call it improve acting) and foam fighting is sort of an afterthought (they actually state it is a non-competitive game).

They say they came from these guys: http://www.wayfinderexperience.com/
^ Which could be why they all seem to be young
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA