PARK and DAY!

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

PARK and DAY!

Postby Azus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 pm

SATURDAY and CODORNICES!

*sigh* be nice to speak face to face with people; last week being father's day I was elsewhere, and yesterday, well...

Easy one first.
I've polled a whole bunch of people, and the results are a slight, minimal preference for Saturdays. But I'm less interested in a simple vote, and more interested in what will get numbers out. ACtually, 100% of the monarchy, and 100% of the voting populace agree With us currently meeting Sunday, a few people have told me that Saturdays are better, and more likely to come out more often. Of the people who actually show up at the park somewhat routinely, there's a preference for Saturday, or whatever. People who aren't coming out either state a preference for Sunday (but we already meet then!), or say that no day will work in the forseable future.

Which means a move to Saturday will very likely get a slight boost in numbers, and while inconveniencing some is really inconveniencing those who won't come out anyway.

THUS BE IT DECREED, WE MEET SATURDAYS!

Tougher sell.
Park!
info and map
I know there's more resistance to changing parks. Having visited other parks, I really think Codornices provides better recruitment opportunities, so despite parking issues there is better for the regrowth of the land. Again, 100% of the monarchy and 100% of the voting members agree on this one!

Seriously, the way we're going, we're not going to be going very much longer. We need to change who we are. Changing parks can give us that reminder. We need to jump forward. We need to renew our enthusiasm. A change of scenery might well do that (as well as having a new group of people wondering, "who are those weirdos?")

But we need a change, 'cause the same 'ol same 'ol is running us into the grave.

It turns out that Westfinder does meet there, Sunday afternoons; changing to Saturday means we can meet there without stepping on their toes. Good neighbors and all...

THUS BE IT DECREED, WE MEET AT CODORNICES!

When the change?
We've got the demo July 9th. The following week makes sense; start off fresh with new people. Don't want to switch on top of noobs.

THUS BE IT DECREED, July 10th will be the last day at Cesar Chavez!
Saturday July 16th, we'll start meeting at Codornices.

Anyone disagree? I'll appoint you baron pro-tem. And pay your dues. And falsify the ORK so you meet attendance for voting rights.
Azus

Re: PARK and DAY!

Postby Lady Tamara » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Sweet! We will be sure to visit that day!
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA