permission.

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

permission.

Postby Zero » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:58 pm

I Noah T. LIvingston do ask; will you allow me the honor to be sponsored by your company in making a new chapter in San Fransisco? if not by your permission, then ill ask a higher officer.

thanks for your time in reading this.
ZERO
Zero

Re: permission.

Postby Azus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Weyvern's Spur isn't a company (fighting companies area different beast), we're a land (park) of level Shire.

You don't need to ask us for permission; Burning Lands in Texas, legal top dogs of Amtgard, Incorporated, handle permissions for use of name, contracts, etc.

As for sponsorship... Wyvern's Spur is having trouble keeping ourselves together. Maybe Thistledown would like to take on the added project of being a mentor; I certainly won't until Wyvern's Spur is a fully functional land.

For sponsorship, ask Westmarch at large (ask in the General Westmarch forum). I don't want to quash youthful enthusiasm, certainly my own land could use such an influx!
Azus

Postby Zero » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 am

i have already asked no one seems to care; if you look in the hand guide it says to start a new land near a core kingdom you must have permission from that land before you can start your own westmarch expasion, even sir euric has told me to talk to you and thistledown
ZERO
Zero

Postby Hannoske » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:07 am

I believe you may have the organizational structure of Amtgard a little mixed up. The way we work, is that every land (anybody who has officially organized and is playing Amtgard in a unique location) must be contracted with the Burning Lands BOD. They control the copyright for Amtgard, and you must have their permission (through a signed contract) to utilize the Amtgard Rules of Play and/or call your group Amtgard.

Each land or collection of them can be promoted to various levels. Each land starts at a Shire, may advance to a Barony, then Duchy. A collection of lands or single really large land, may form a Principality, and eventually become a Kingdom if voted in by the Inter-Kingdom Circle of Monarchs; composed of the kings/queens of the 14 Kingdoms of Amtgard located around the country. So Wyvern's Spur is a shire, and I recommend due to proximity, your work with them to help each other grow. As for where the Rules of Play identify you must seek permission of the closest Kingdom to join a different Kingdom (Kingdom Boundary Section), that Kingdom would be the Kingdom of Dragonspine based in, I believe, New Mexico. Here in California, we have formed the Principality of Westmarch, which operates like a Kingdom, but without the same level of authority/representation.

So, to wrap it up:
Starting a new land only legally requires the permission of the Burning Lands BOD.
I recommend you get permission from (and join) Westmarch and Dragonspine (Westmarch's Parent Kingdom).
I strongly recommend you work closely with the members of Wyvern's Spur.

Additional reading I recommend is the Westmarch Corpora. Located here.
Hannoske

Postby thistledown » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 am

If you really want to start a land in San Fransisco, by all means do. But we would much rather have you join our own. If you can take BART to downtown Berkeley, one of us can probably pick you up.

Starting a land from nothing is by no means easy. You at least need a reliable source of people to recruit from. Even then, it's a lot of work to get people to consistantly show up.
thistledown

Postby Zero » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:04 pm

see now i agree with you both either way, i had thought that by 'kingdom' meant that it was any other land closet to where you wanted to start a new land, and thistledown... to tell you i have a reliable base of people to pick from and rely on... heck, im in highschool there all these people in highscchool who hide this passion to fight in larp battle games; all i really have todo is bring them out..... and if none of this works and i dont create a new land in california, then ill just have to make my self famous amongst amtgard another way... im famous down here in texas, in the larping kingdom of 'Nero', im alittle famous over in europe from drachenfest and i wanted to be atleast noticed in my home state (or the state i was born) which is california.
ZERO
Zero

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA