Amtwiki Discussion

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

Amtwiki Discussion

Postby Lady Tamara » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:13 pm

I have been reading the current rule book 7.7 http://files.meetup.com/1334393/Amt-RoP-CURRENT.pdf In the Garb section line #8 it states: Most companies and many individuals choose to register their personal symbols and colors. While notspecifically disallowed, it is considered bad form to use another’s coat of arms without his agreement. Personal symbols and colors should be registered with the Guildmaster of Heraldry and the Prime Minister.

I think that the person who is not voted in as PM could hold this position. They could work as a team and both work together on the ORK and the Wiki. Please look at how this Freehold has their Amt Wiki. I would like to see the same on ours. Scroll down to the Roster http://amtwiki.net/amtwiki/index.php/Bl%C3%BCdfrost

What do you say? We have so many fighting groups, clans, and families, it would be nice to have them represented. I know Euric has his family crest and his fighting company, Leper has his deivce, as does Issiacks the Odd. Scarab has her beetle, Nakita has her family crest as well for her belted family. Let's get them represented on the ORK and Amt Wiki!

Just wanted to share this crazy idea and see what you think?
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Re: PM Declarations

Postby Hannoske » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:51 pm

So here is my take on that.

We should not hand out consolation positions. If someone wishes to run for Guildmaster of Heraldry, they are welcome to. They should not fill the position because they lost an election for another position.

As for updating the Amtwiki, I highly encourage it, but it is not a designated responsibility of any position in our corpora. Each person's Amtwiki page is their responsibility. While it can be nice to help someone, we want to make sure that they have the information they want up there, not what we want for them. If someone wishes to step up and help the land get an organized and professional looking amtwiki page they are welcome to. Same thing goes for companies and households. Leave it to the members, not an elected official who knows nothing about them.

I also think a large roster (especially a picture based one) is a bad idea for a land our size.
Hannoske

Re: PM Declarations

Postby Sid » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:06 am

(Post moved to more relevant thread) See-Amtwiki Page Discussion thread.
"Kirby in the video games, sucks up something around him, and becomes something awesome because of it. You become what you need to so you can do awesome things.. since you are in fact.. Sid the Awesome"-Sir Jynx Mercades
Sid

TR Amtwiki Page Discussion

Postby Sid » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 am

Cont. From PM Declarations thread.....

While this doesn't really belong in the PM declarations thread, I came across it and wanted to express my opinion.

In response to the Amtwiki Suggestions. I think I was the last one to update our Amtwiki page, and really, I don't think any one person has to be designated to update it. To me this kind of goes against the nature of a wiki that anyone can update or add information to. When I last added information I actually cleaned up the page, and removed the (not so current) roster of players that was posted. Of course we do want to ensure the information on our page is accurate, but I would advise against putting too much information on the wiki page. From my understanding a wiki page is supposed to be concise and easy to read, adding every company and household heraldry to that might make the page cluttered (it already looks cluttered on the freehold page posted as reference). I could understand if we were indeed a freehold or something of a smaller size, but I agree with Hannoske here, with a land our size certain things are not necessary/frivolous to post on our wiki page.

I am also of the personal opinion that the TR wiki page should be basic information about the park (it's origins, location, times etc), this keeps the page useful to those seeking our park, and simple enough for someone new to the game to understand it. The main page can include links to other pages, such as backstory (lore) for the park or anything else important, but the main page should be more of a "park started in this year, meets here, on this day" setup.

My 2c-Sid
In response to the post Below....

Baronet Tamara wrote:I have been reading the current rule book 7.7 http://files.meetup.com/1334393/Amt-RoP-CURRENT.pdf In the Garb section line #8 it states: Most companies and many individuals choose to register their personal symbols and colors. While notspecifically disallowed, it is considered bad form to use another’s coat of arms without his agreement. Personal symbols and colors should be registered with the Guildmaster of Heraldry and the Prime Minister.

I think that the person who is not voted in as PM could hold this position. They could work as a team and both work together on the ORK and the Wiki. Please look at how this Freehold has their Amt Wiki. I would like to see the same on ours. Scroll down to the Roster http://amtwiki.net/amtwiki/index.php/Bl%C3%BCdfrost

What do you say? We have so many fighting groups, clans, and families, it would be nice to have them represented. I know Euric has his family crest and his fighting company, Leper has his deivce, as does Issiacks the Odd. Scarab has her beetle, Nakita has her family crest as well for her belted family. Let's get them represented on the ORK and Amt Wiki!

Just wanted to share this crazy idea and see what you think?
"Kirby in the video games, sucks up something around him, and becomes something awesome because of it. You become what you need to so you can do awesome things.. since you are in fact.. Sid the Awesome"-Sir Jynx Mercades
Sid

Re: Amtwiki Discussion

Postby Hannoske » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:09 am

I have split off this discussion, and merged it with Sid's response to keep things organized. I have changed no content of the posts.
Hannoske

Postby Sid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:44 am

The TR page has been updated and spring (summer...) Cleaned to reflect some changes voiced here. If you have never seen our Amtwiki page...here's a link!

http://amtwiki.net/amtwiki/index.php/Thor%27s_Refuge

As far as heraldry, perhaps a page could be created with this information, and a link put on the main TR site. Something along the lines of "Thor's Refuge Residents", and a list of companies/households that occupy TR with their heraldry. I'd like to express my strong personal opinion that this page should not include a roster or anything that is large and has to be maintained constantly. (keep in mind that the wiki is updated on a volunteer basis, and may see many months before information will be changed by a kind soul with some free time)

Personally I think the individual heraldry would be up to the player to include on their Wiki page. I don't think everyone at the park has (or really is interested in) a copy of their heraldry in digital form (ie: .png or jpeg). However, asking for that information is a little forward, and might infringe on some peoples personal space. Not to mention that this is a fun hobby for most, and they don't need/want to put that much effort into something that should be for fun.

If I have time tomorrow I might throw together the page mentioned above, but no promises, as my project list is long and foreboding. I would like to remind whoever reads this that anyone can edit the wiki, so should you be so inclined, or most likely bored, you are welcome to create a page or edit an existing page, just try to keep the main TR page uncluttered, you can put as much or as little on any personal character page you wish to create. Try to keep the information accurate... (in places where accuracy is important), I encourage you to embellish your own page as much as you want though :P.
Sid

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 am

I am happy to put together this page for those interested in having their heraldry, device, or fighting group added. Feel free to contact me and I will add it to the page.

Thank you Sid for cleaning up the Amtwiki page for TR!

Lady T
Lady Tamara

Postby Sid » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:26 pm

My last piece of advice on this issue is that you obtain the permission of the player before posting their heraldry, since any digital art created by the player is their property.
Sid

Postby Lady Tamara » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:37 am

Of course! They would have to send me a link to their image or a .jpg for me to put up on the page.
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Issiacks » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:19 pm

How would one go about changing Ones hereldry and or group?
Sometimes a Fish slap to the face is all you need
Issiacks

Postby Guyvas » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm

come up with an image/ new group name and change whatever you want about the old group (as long as your the leader)
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA