PM hand off form

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

PM hand off form

Postby Lady Tamara » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:15 pm

http://www.facebook.com/teresa.bergman.90?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/390051211054426/391503490909198/

I am looking for comments, revisions, etc. Will this suffice for our hand off from the old to the new Prime Minister?

Lady T
Lady Tamara

Re: PM hand off form

Postby Porkins » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Nice job, I actually have already been working on one in my attempts to streamline everything in the PMing process. I planned on revealing it as we get closer to the actual date, and after I finished making it all Westmarchy. Mine only has the petty cash and ledger in it as I figured it was the only part that really needed documentation. If you would like I can send over what I have and we can work together on it?
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Postby Lady Tamara » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Porkins wrote:Nice job, I actually have already been working on one in my attempts to streamline everything in the PMing process. I planned on revealing it as we get closer to the actual date, and after I finished making it all Westmarchy. Mine only has the petty cash and ledger in it as I figured it was the only part that really needed documentation. If you would like I can send over what I have and we can work together on it?

I would love to work with you. When can we get together?
Lady Tamara

Postby Fiks » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Some corrections/alterations that I thought might be beneficial in red. Most just bring some verbiage in line with the rest of the document.
I, _________________________ (incoming Prime Minister), have received from the outgoing Prime minister, ___________________________ (outgoing Prime minister), on this date ____________________.

_____2. I have received petty funds totaling _____________________. This amount was counted and witnessed by the undersigned.

_____3. I have received all receipt books, as well as all receipts gathered during the previous terms of PM’s.

_____4. I have received the old ORK password and I have changed it to my own password.

_____5. I have received all check books and credit/debit cards, and I have been added as a signer to the bank account.

_____6. I have received all sign in sheets, waivers, bank statements and other pertinent paperwork.

_____7. I have received all blank waivers, folders, files, and other organizational items purchased by Thor’s Refuge.

_____8. I have received a list of all awards, titles, and other ORK information that has not yet been entered.

I'd question the need for all the items in the bottom paragraph, as some of those duties can and should be rearranged depending on the needs and schedules of any potential PM. The mailbox in particular springs to mind. Ideally these are all things that a truly competent PM would do, but not everyone can or will do them. So I'd say limit it to the most important of the financial requirements.

Also, the addition of the fourth person, the "witness," isn't a requirement by the Corpora or any other document of ours that I can think of so is unsupportable if action is required upon a broken contract as far as I'm aware. But I see the nicety of having an addition of an uninvolved person witnessing the handover.

All in all, a good start, I think. I'd like to see the possibility of someone more legally minded looking over it and if the document turns out to be legally sound, we can adapt it for use in the future Kingdom.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Randy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:30 pm

I would also look into having some sort of audit performed. Usually by a third party in the presence of the outgoing and incoming PM's. A good idea would be to have the Westmarch PM perform that audit, but really as long as its someone not of TR. Not saying that anyone would pull an Aristiri, but this protects the realm and the PM's.
Randy

Postby Hannoske » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 pm

The BOD treasurer is already required to perform this audit... at least in lands that have a BOD.
Hannoske

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 am

Fiks wrote:Some corrections/alterations that I thought might be beneficial in red. Most just bring some verbiage in line with the rest of the document.

Thank you we will make those changes ASAP. Anyone know of a lawyer we can show this to? :mrgreen:
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Joetator » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:31 am

Maybe there is something on legalzoom dot com?
Joetator

Postby Lady Tamara » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:00 am

There are a few Amtgardians across the country that I am getting in touch with, I will also check with legalzoom.com too
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA