Gladiatorial Games

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

Gladiatorial Games

Postby TB » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Greetings citizens,

Your loving Senator and Doctore have set up a series of gladiatorial games to entertain you. These will take place every fourth weekend of the month. We need people to volunteer to be Lunistas (owners) and people to be gladiators.

Here are the rules for the games:
Gladiators will be broken up into 3 man teams
Teams will be named after the colors of the standard Amtgard classes (Blue, Purple, Black, Red, etc...)
Weapon combos will be florentine short, Short and Medium shield, and short spear and net. (Rules for net will follow)
Once a gladiator chooses a weapon combo they will use it for the entire run of the games. So if you choose to go Florentine you will use florentine for the entire run of the games.
There will be special rules such as monsters and special scenarios.
All matches will be chosen randomly by pulling chips out of a bag.
Owners will earn money by wins in the arena. These can be used for upgrades and special items like blade-sharps and armor and magic items.
Slave auctions will take place before the games so that rosters can be filled if needed and people that are not on teams can participate.

Special Rules
Net: Will be represented by bath towels
Stuns a limb for 10 seconds when struck.
Stuns a torso for 5 seconds when struck.
Acts like a Earth Bind when both legs are stuck.
Must be held in at least one hand by the middle of the long side of the towel. (No rat tailing!!!)
May be thrown
May be used to block weapons.

All other rules and questions will be handled at the field.

If you wish to volunteer to be a luniest please PM me.

Thank you,

TB
It's shameful.
Why can't people who dress in costumes and fight with toy weapons comport themselves with more maturity? - Asmund
TB
Terrible Bard

Re: Gladiatorial Games

Postby TB » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Something I forgot to add to the original post. Flurbiness will be rewarded. Think the movie Gladiator or the TV show Spartacus.
It's shameful.
Why can't people who dress in costumes and fight with toy weapons comport themselves with more maturity? - Asmund
TB
Terrible Bard

Postby Bear-Bear » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Samoa?
Bear-Bear

Postby Selvé » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:41 pm

I know there were a few of us that missed this day, but for the next upcoming gladiatorial games, are we starting teams over or are you integrating a few of us that missed it onto a team an become an alternate? Or create another team sets of three. I am not even sure if I am making any sense. I'm going to bed like an old grandma. Toodles to my noodles. *^_^*
Selvé

Postby TB » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 am

We will add new teams to the list of teams. That or you will be folded into the existing teams as alternates.

TB
It's shameful.
TB
Terrible Bard

Postby Selvé » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Cool. I guess we will have to see until then. :D!!!
Selvé

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA