Level Tests October 7th

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

Level Tests October 7th

Postby Guyvas » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Beginning October 7th there will be level tests you must take every time you level in a class... if you do not pass the test you are demoted to whatever level of the test you did pass. The test will be created with several questions on each level. Based on Reeve feedback and Monarchy discretion certain people might be asked to take the test if they are not playing their class correctly.
The Monarchy as a whole suggests this as more people need to understand the rules and play their classes knowledgeably. You have 4 weeks to study your class.
Good Luck
Praetor Guyvas
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Re: Level Tests October 7th

Postby Obay Songwright » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 am

If a person fails a test and is demoted to a lower level, do they have the chance to test later and be promoted back to the level they have earned in credits? I fully support this idea, I just wonder about credits earned for those people who fail their test.
Obay Songwright

Location: Thor's Refuge and where ever my legs lead me to find great stories to share.

Postby Selvé » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 am

Perhaps have a positive reinforcement by helping each other learn their class better and to have a better understanding instead of demoting their class. Meh, whatever you want. :) Just a thought.
Selvé

Postby Collin the Red » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:29 pm

I would like to see this done by our Guildmasters. Several of us did declare for the possitions, but was never voted on.
Per the RoP, "A person may advance in level in a class after having the requisite credits and passing a class test administered by your class Guildmaster."

I would like to see the Class GM system in place fully soon and the duty of testing players for class advancement be carried through to all future reigns. This will keep us from fielding 6th levels who know nothing of their class. I would also like to see added to our corpora: to declare for GM of a class you should have passed both the reeves test AND the 6th level test of the class you are running for.

It would be great for this to be a Kingdom wide thing when WM makes Kingdom. I lost count of all the high level players making basic errors on playing their class at clan. I counted no less than 3 3rd level or higher barbarians counting out entangles on the field at clan. :? one was beserked :lukor:

It will be great when all of TR knows their classes well enough to be an authority.

I assume levels in the ORK will not change, but ability to play said level will be limited to tests passed.

Any way to take these tests early so as not to have the whole day devoted to testing?
Maybe at FP or A&S? or arriving at 10 am for testing?

tl;dr Pro-testing, it is part of the RoP, can we do it early?
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Guyvas » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks for suggesting that the class guildmasters do it but at this time there are no class guildmasters for this reign so it falls to me as GMR to do the testing. In other news they will just be demoted in actual play they will not lose credits. If a person fails their level they may choose to retest the next week if they fail that test they cannot retest for 2 weeks and it continues every two weeks until they pass it. Also there will be a bank of questions so that a person is not just studying the same set of questions and not actually learning the class
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Obay Songwright » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Question regarding Class Guildmasters. As far as I know, there is only one other Bard at the park: Link. Should he not want to be the Bard Guildmaster (if we decide to go back to this system), who would cover that responsibility? I would be more than happy to step up and do it, but I'm only level 3. Also, I fully endorse the idea of level tests administered by the Guildmaster of the class you are leveling. It prmotes a better understanding of the game and gives people the chance to fill leadership positions that are not Monarchy. Maybe each Class Guildmaster could have a monthly training session to give tips and tricks of the trade.
Obay Songwright

Location: Thor's Refuge and where ever my legs lead me to find great stories to share.

Postby Fiks » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Obay Songwright wrote:Question regarding Class Guildmasters. As far as I know, there is only one other Bard at the park: Link. Should he not want to be the Bard Guildmaster (if we decide to go back to this system), who would cover that responsibility? I would be more than happy to step up and do it, but I'm only level 3. Also, I fully endorse the idea of level tests administered by the Guildmaster of the class you are leveling. It prmotes a better understanding of the game and gives people the chance to fill leadership positions that are not Monarchy. Maybe each Class Guildmaster could have a monthly training session to give tips and tricks of the trade.

Per the corpora, anyone who has earned a bard credit in the last six months, OR are already level six in bard, OR have a Master Bard title is a member of the Bard class guild. And anyone who passed a reeve test in the bard guild can run for class Guildmaster. So, in all likely-hood, there's more than one possible candidate for Bard GM.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 am

We coulld vote for the Guild masters this weekend. We should not ignore folks that wanted to step up, just because the vote was not taken. Now that we know it was overlooked, we can fix it. I do not think we can just ignore the Rules of Play just for convienence sake.

It is easy to find the voting list under the GM Report button. This makes the voting list easier to find.

After all dividing the work is much better in preparing our future leaders! :D Of course this is just my humble opinion. I am sure you will do what you think is right.
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby deimos » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 am

Guildmasters and voting are covered under the corpora, not the rules of play.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:55 am

Sorry, I lumped all the rules under Rules of Play. I will be more concise in the future. :lol: Some times I am a dork. :)

Lady
T
Lady Tamara

Postby Guyvas » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 pm

I am also 6th level bard as is Hannoske (he is about to leave though) but we have 4 people that could do it...For right now I will make tests...if the Monarchy decides to elect Class guildmasters we will do so but for now I am making tests as directed by the monarchy.
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Hannoske » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:23 am

Originally, I had intended to have a series of competitions to decide who to appoint as the class GMs,but this did not work out. As no one declared before the current term, regular elections were not held for these positions. Please post reminding me (or adding your name) if you wish to be considered for class GM. I would like to see the following in your post:

Name
Class(es) you wish to be GM of, with the number of credits you possess in that class
Any masterhoods you may have that may influence the decision
Are you reeves qualified?
And why you think you will be a good fit for the position

Depending on competition level, I may call for a vote, or may simply appoint. All declarations must be placed on these forums, and I will close declarations on 30 Sept. Thanks.

Guyvas,
In the event a vote is needed, will you please administer it? I will let you know if we need one.
Hannoske

Postby Jace » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:22 am

Jace Darkholme
Guildmaster of assassins
65 credits.
Reeve qualed
I believe i would be a good candidate as I am already helping new assassin players with their class anyhow. I know the class and I am willing to assist other assassins with information (and have been already). I have nothing further to state to make this more flowery...
Last edited by Jace on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” Euripides

Lord Jacelendrahz "Jace" Darkholme
Jace

Postby Collin the Red » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Collin the Red
GM Barbarians
73 credits as Barbarian (over 3 years of playing the class)

I have served as GM Barbarians 3 terms. I have maintained loaner gear for barbarians (not that that takes much) for over 2 years.

I have studied the v8 Barbarians and can help train those play testing this class.

I have been Reeve certified with out interuption since May of 2009.

I have not missed a game day except for travel to other Amtgard lands or events with the exception of 4 days in 3 years.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Porkins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Porkins Aka The Porkins, Cactus Porkins, Agent Hennimore, and Brian.
Guildmaster of Healers, Gm of peasants if available.
63 credits as healer, no credit as peasant yet but that will be changing.
Reeve qualed
I have been GM of healers before. I am well versed with the level progression and mechanics of the class and have spare gear for others. For peasant, I have grown my own turnip. I am also capable of cooking bacon. I recently have gotten into electro-swing music. I have seen every episode of Lexx. Michelangelo is by far the best ninja turtle.Bad wolf. I am not now or have even been a member of the communist party. I like the beach but I don't like sand. I know who Colonel Allensworth is. I am a trusted friend in the smurf community. I like restaurants with lots of cheap stuff on the walls. Sean Connery is James Bond. That should just about cover it.
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Next

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA