NEW Food fight battle game!!!

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

NEW Food fight battle game!!!

Postby TB » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Greetings citizens,

This coming Sunday 9/23 we will have a special Food Fight related battle game. WE will be postponing the gladitorial games until our Illustrious Senator Hannoske returns from abroad on 10/7. This will be a special rules game that will allow players to buy spells that they will be able to cast regardless of class/level.

Flavor Text
The gods have spoken and Demeter is angry that you botched the delivery of her daughter to her so badly. In an attempt to appease her you must prepare a feast for her.

But of course when dealing with the gods it cannot be that simple. Bacchus has become jealous and wishes the populous to create a feast for him as well.

Rules Text
The following spells will be made available for players to purchase at the cost listed:
Fireball, Pyrotechnics, Flameblade, Immolation: $5
Iceball: $1
Heal: $2
Resurrect: $5
Charm: $1
Mend: $2
Pro magic: $5
Pro projectile: $5

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY A SPELL THAT HAS A MATERIAL COMPONENT SUCH AS FIREBALL OF ICEBALL YOU MUST HAVE THE CORRECT BALL TO USE THE SPELL. WE WILL NOT BE PROVIDING THEM FOR YOU.

I will provide strips for any enchantments that are purchased.
All spells are whatever they are listed in the book, so all maxes, uses, and limitations and incants are in effect. So if a spell is 1/8 you must purchase it 8 times to get the max.

All other rules for the game will be explained on the field. Of course if you have any questions please feel free to PM me or post them here.

See you this Sunday,
TB
It's shameful.
Why can't people who dress in costumes and fight with toy weapons comport themselves with more maturity? - Asmund
TB
Terrible Bard

Re: NEW Food fight battle game!!!

Postby Collin the Red » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:08 pm

TB wrote:All spells are whatever they are listed in the book, so all maxes, uses, and limitations and incants are in effect. So if a spell is 1/8 you must purchase it 8 times to get the max.
...post here...

OK, I'm slow (barbarian brain) but maxs are based on type of caster (i.e. heal for a druid vs. healer) also, does this mean barbarians the only thing a Barbarian could buy would be additional beserks? OR could (s)he buy things like heal and use them self only?

So, can we add the bard spell beserk for $5 and remove use caps on heal? (and can Barbars buy anything?)
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby SirEuric » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:52 am

Champion TB said
a special rules game that will allow players to buy spells that they will be able to cast regardless of class/level.

Regardless-- so yes you can use whatever you can pay for the way I read it.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby TB » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 am

The following spells will be made available for players to purchase at the cost listed:

So no you cannot purchase Beserk. Only the spells listed in the original post are being offered.

Also since the "Heal" spell is primarily a Healer spell we will use the guidelines for that class for the purposes of the spell.
It's shameful.
Why can't people who dress in costumes and fight with toy weapons comport themselves with more maturity? - Asmund
TB
Terrible Bard

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA