What will you look for...

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

What will you look for...

Postby Lady Tamara » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:44 pm

In your Monarchy. It is nearly time to vote for our new Monarchy, so time to think about what you want in the person that holds each position.

Is fighting skill important?
Ability to listen or being approachable?
Do they show favortism or bias in their decisions?
Are they a good communicator, and do they keep people informed?
What about attendance?
Do they come prepared or use loaners all the time, does this matter?
Do you just vote for friends or the person who will do the best job?

Please let your opinion be heard and think on what you want from our upcoming Monarchy!
Lady Tamara

Re: What will you look for...

Postby SirEuric » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 am

In answer to Baronet Tamara's request:

Is fighting skill important? In my opinion, you don't have to be the best fighter for any position. However, for GMR and Champion a working knowledge of rules system and play mechanics are a large assist for doing a good job. That being said I feel Sir Nakita was a very effective Westmarch GMR without being able to step onto the field in years. Definitely weigh the case by case circumstances.
Ability to listen or being approachable? [color=#FF0000]Not only is approachability very important in an office holder but also their willingness to weigh all options and do what they honestly feel is the best for the group moving forward[/color]
Do they show favortism or bias in their decisions? Of course they do, everybody has people they are more comfortable with, see more often, and recpect more. The question is to what degree? As an Officeholder I ask people several times a reign to give input, award reccommendations, and recognition suggestions. One set of eyes can't see all
Are they a good communicator, and do they keep people informed? Inclusion, excitement building and information sharing is always valuable in a good leader
What about attendance? Again , a case by case basis as sometimes real life kicks you in the patoushka, but semi regular attendance should be important as if you don't show to your job site frequently, you fall behind in your work
Do they come prepared or use loaners all the time, does this matter?As long as they give first choice to newer players , to me this is less important as some people can't spare the money, or time to get equipment.
Do you just vote for friends or the person who will do the best job? This is actually a hard one as I have voted against friends simply because I felt the other person woould do a better job.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA