New PM Message to the populas

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

New PM Message to the populas

Postby Collin the Red » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:39 am

In my first week in office I have...

Entered credits for 2/21/16 and reviewed with the out going PM the gaps in the ORK in both January and February. As soon as he recovers those sign ins, they will be entered.
I have "retired" over 100 inactive members.
I have brought the books up to date with all records provided and noted all discrepancies reporting those details to the TR monarchy and TR BoD
I have put out a call for any missing awards and entered all submitted to me by our Monarch and fix issues for some others.

Let me know if I can fix anything on your ORK page, add a photo, or other thoughts I can help you with.

PMs on Facebook is the fastest access to me.
https://www.facebook.com/collin.macabee
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Re: New PM Message to the populas

Postby Collin the Red » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Week 2:

4 new players added to the ORK
16 TR Members and 3 MV Guest came out. (I hope the rest of TR had fun down in AH)
Dues received from one member
All of the above entered in the ORK and the needed ledgers.

Next Saturday there are 2 events to choose from:
  1. WTF in held at Ashen Spire's home park (IIRC)
  2. MacAbee Madness at MV
Both should be a blast.

Next Sunday we have the Sword Construction Class lead by TB
Every player should take this class because even if you neven make another weapon, knowing the technique and what is under the cloth cover will help you take better care of your weapon or the one you borrowed.

See you all next week.
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Collin the Red » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:57 am

Week 3:

Credits for 3/6 have been entered with 2 exceptions:
Blondi, the 2 kids you signed in Persiuls? and Destructo are not in the ork, nor on any waiver I received. I will contact you at the park Sunday.
Replacement sheets for 1/24 and 2/7 in process
New players have been add.

Declaration open SUNDAY 3/13/16 at 8am Anything posted or messaged before then will need to be reposted/remessaged. Anything done at the park will need to be restated here or a letter on paper will be accepted at the park. The following positions are open for declaration:

Monarch
Regent
Champion
Guild Master of Reeves
Heir Apparent

Guild Masters of Classes have not been done here at TR officially in a few years, but in the off chance anyone wants the job, and the new Monarch allows for them, I will include those declarations in this process.

Requirements for ALL of the above positions include passing the latest Reeves Test. So please see our GMR Clenaw to take your test.
Additionally All but Guild Masters (including GMR) must pass a corpora test, enter in the fighting turney and the A&S competition. Consult the Corpora for number of fighting brackets and A&S entries required for each position.

To hold office you must be dues paid and attendance qualified (6 attendances in 6 different weeks in the last 3 months) Attendance counts only at regularly scheduled park days including A&S or FP if REGULARLY SCHEDULED.

To vote for Anyone you must also be dues paid and attendance qualified (6 attendances in 6 different weeks in the last 3 months) Attendance counts only at regularly scheduled park days including A&S or FP if REGULARLY SCHEDULED. So if you wish to vote check the ORK and get to the park.

To vote for GMR you must also be Reeves Qualified (i.e. passed the current Reeves test)
To vote for a Class Guild Master,(per last corpora that had Class GMs listed) you must have played the class in the last 6 months, be level 6 in the class, OR be a class Master (or Paragon of the Class) I think that should be continued but, the current monarch could open it up to all voters.

Posted here early so those wishing to run can get started on their quals items ASAP.

See you all Sunday. I might be late but Raven will have the sign in sheet so Sign ins can start as early as possible.
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby ravenb » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:32 pm

My name is Raven Skullsmasher, and I would like to declare for TR Monarch.

I remember when Little Monkey first brought me to Amtgard three summers ago. People welcomed me and told me about all the opportunities in Amtgard: fighting, crafting, events, and just plain hanging out at the park. Because we were accepted so positively, we have made Amtgard an integral part of our lives. It has provided my son a team sport which I like frankly much better than baseball or soccer! Even though LM was only 11 at the time, the fighters taught him how to fight, use magic, and incorporated him into their battle games. Even after a brush with the ER by a chariot, he loves Amtgard and makes it a high priority.
For me, it has gotten me back in touch with my sewing machine, and reminded me how much crafting gives me a creative outlet. It has also provided an outlet for my competitive side, with the A and S contests. I have mentors, friends, and hopefully have passed along what I have learned to some fellow crafters. I also love the medieval aspect of the organization, with courts and feasts. Most recently, I have dedicated my time more to service rather than crafting, serving on the TR BOD as treasurer, WM BOD secretary and TR pro-tem regent for Winter 2015-2016.
In light of the recent audit, and review of my performance as TR BOD treasurer, I feel I could have done a better job taking a more active role in being involved with the financial aspects of the park. I feel partially responsible for the failure of TR in this part of the recent audit. My communication with and learning from the park PM’s should have been much more. And for that I pass along my regret for the part I have played.
In the last six months, I have dedicated myself to working more in service positions, and have learned a tremendous amount about how a park is run, how Westmarch is run, about the Corpora, and studying RoP. Since I am older, I do not see myself as an active battlegame participant, but have really been enjoying organizing TR Midreign and feast, arts and sciences classes, and working cooperatively with TR Monarchy. I am enjoying working with other WM Kingdom members on the BOD is a fantastic learning experience about how Westmarch works. I had no idea that Amtgard was so big and organized when I started.
I believe I have a lot of enthusiasm to offer, and would like to declare for TR Monarch. I was really disappointed when Thor’s Refuge failed a second audit in a row, and was voted for a demotion to Barony by the Kingdom. I would like to see TR actively recruit and train new players, increasing our numbers and keeping them at Duchy levels. I would like to see TR use advertising more effectively, passing out cards and posting flyers, maybe have a meetup site or promote their Facebook page. It is important once you excel at something, to pass along that knowledge to others. We have many excellent fighters that have a lot of expertise to offer. I would like to encourage more arts and sciences classes, either off site during the week, or monthly/semi-monthly classes at the park. We have an updated attendance system in place now, so missing sign-up sheets and attendance logs are being addressed. This will continue. I want to see the passion for Amtgard nourished at TR. I would also like to encourage TR members travelling to other parks, promoting a harmonious relationship with other parks in the Kingdom, and show the other parks that TR rocks!!
ravenb

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA