Interested in Amtgard

Discussion/Information about the Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons

Moderators: Azalin, Kairos

Interested in Amtgard

Postby Phelan » Thu May 10, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi everyone. My name's Trent, I currently live in New Jersey, but am planning on moving to California in about a year, possibly to SLO; my wife and I am visiting there in about two weeks in fact. I was looking at stuff that goes on there, and came across this. :) I actually do both LARP and SCA stuff (off and on anyway), Amtgard seems like it's a mix of both of those, so it seems like something I would be really interested in. Are you still having the weekend practices that are mentioned on the website? I'm getting in on a Friday, so if it's still going on, I am interested in attending that Saturday's practice and seeing what it's like. I'm not sure I'd be able to stay the whole time (the friend we're staying with has a full day planned for us, heh), but at least for an hour or two I should be able to come. So yeah, hope to hear from you. :)

Trent
Phelan

Re: Interested in Amtgard

Postby deimos » Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Phelan wrote:Hi everyone. My name's Trent, I currently live in New Jersey, but am planning on moving to California in about a year, possibly to SLO; my wife and I am visiting there in about two weeks in fact. I was looking at stuff that goes on there, and came across this. :) I actually do both LARP and SCA stuff (off and on anyway), Amtgard seems like it's a mix of both of those, so it seems like something I would be really interested in. Are you still having the weekend practices that are mentioned on the website? I'm getting in on a Friday, so if it's still going on, I am interested in attending that Saturday's practice and seeing what it's like. I'm not sure I'd be able to stay the whole time (the friend we're staying with has a full day planned for us, heh), but at least for an hour or two I should be able to come. So yeah, hope to hear from you. :)

Trent

Yes, the group meets every Saturday at Santa Rosa Park from 1pm until around 5'ish. We tend to have sufficient loaner gear available. Feel free to come up and introduce yourself and we'll take care of the rest.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby SirEuric » Fri May 11, 2012 12:14 am

The cool thing about us is you don't have to be there right at 1 or stay till the end. We hope after trying it out and moving to Cailfornia you will decide it is cool enough to do all day. Deimos, Leah, Krom and many more to learn from and hang out with.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby deimos » Sun May 13, 2012 12:19 pm

If you are thinking of visiting this coming weekend (the 19th), be aware that the park might be smaller than usual, due to people likely going to Darkshore.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Phelan » Tue May 15, 2012 7:25 am

Actually it is the weekend of the 25th that we'll be there, so that's not a problem. How many people come out to the practices usually?

Trent
Phelan

Postby Phelan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Arise! Heh. :-P

Well, not sure if any of you remember my visit from like 18 months ago, but my wife and I did manage to move out here, as of this past weekend. :) So I am definitely going to be attending more regularly, in fact I'm hoping for maybe this weekend; I do have to be home between 2 and 4 tomorrow, I have some furniture coming, but if it ends up happening sooner in that span then I will definitely try to make it out.

Trent
Phelan

Postby Faye » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Welcome to the area! We will look forward to seeing you whenever it's convenient for you to come out!
Faye

Postby SirEuric » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:52 pm

Welcome to California!
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Azalin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Welcome, welcome. We look forward to clashing swords.
Azalin

Return to Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons - San Luis Obispo, CA