New Term Reeve Information

Discussion/Information about the Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons

Moderators: Azalin, Kairos

New Term Reeve Information

Postby Miles » Tue May 22, 2012 10:56 am

Hello, SLO SSDites!

My name is Miles, and it is my pleasure to serve as the Westmarch Guildmaster of Reeves for the upcoming term.

In preparation for this term's many Reevely matters, I will need to know a few things from you:
1) Who is your GMR for this incoming term? (Do you have one?)
2) How may I reach him/her? (Texting is fine, if necessary, though I will need a means to get exam files to him/her as well.) Feel free to send this information in a PM, if you don't wish the entire board to have it.
3) Is your land willing to nominate someone to be the V8 Playtest Coordinator for this term? If so, who, and how can I get files to him/her?

With regards to #3, you may have heard that Amtgard is working on creating and playtesting the v8.0 Rules of Play, due for adoption in 2014. We need to have as many different lands playtesting this ruleset-in-progress as possible, so that we can have a voice in shaping the game we will be playing in a few years! As such, my goal is for each land to playtest V8 once a month, if at all possible, and report back to e-Sam or myself the results, so that we can be strong contributors in this important matter. I want Westmarch to be the Kingdom That Shaped V8! Together, we can do it!

It is also my goal that everyone we nominate for every position is Reeve- and Corpora-qualified, as necessary for the position in question, at least 2 months before any election. Our history in providing adequate examination for our candidates is very shoddy, and I want us to be all by-the-book and official for next year's kingdom bid--no pro-tem officers! Please let me know if there is any way I can help this process along.

Over the course of this term, I will be sending you assorted updates. I want to be accessible to you as a resource, so please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. If you'd like an in-depth discussion of any Amtgard matter, feel free to ask.

Finally, thank you for allowing me to be your GMR for this term. I intend to do well by all of you. (:

In Service,

-Lord Miles Ookami, the Just,
GMR of Westmarch
Inspiration. Exuberance. Synergy. ~
Miles

Re: New Term Reeve Information

Postby Kairos » Thu May 24, 2012 4:20 pm

1. At the moment we have no GMR.
2. See #1
3. I'm not sure about the V8 Playtest Coordinator. We have run a day using the V8 rules in the past and Griffin was in charge of that, but he's been absent these last couple of Saturdays. I'll ask around to see if anyone wants to do it, but that'll have to wait until this Saturday
-Kairos
Baron of SSD
Kairos

Postby Miles » Mon May 28, 2012 9:27 am

Much obliged, Kairos.
Do you know if I could prevail upon you and your land to elect a pro-tem GMR? It is definitely a position worth having, as every game should have at least one designated, qualified (non-combat!) Reeve. (:
As for Griffin, I will be glad to connect with him when he returns to your assistance. If he tarries, I would suggest selecting an alternative coordinator, so that we can drive playtesting efforts going forward. That said, his experience in helping run a day will be useful in helping coordinate future days, so it'd be great to have him on-board.
Miles

Postby Griffin » Mon May 28, 2012 10:10 pm

I still exist, I've just been busy - and this weekend is going to be more busy-ness. I'll be around at some point in the not too distant future, I'm sure.
Griffin
Squire to Sir Deimos
Griffin

Postby Miles » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:39 am

Hi again!

I just wanted to touch base and see if a pro-tem GMR has been s/elected. If so, I wanted to see if I could connect with him/her, as PM elections are not too far down the road, and I want to make sure the person who will be running that election (who should be the GMR) has the Corpora exam necessary to administer to any would-be candidates. (To say nothing of any would-be Reeves!)
Additionally, I'm glad to hear that you've been playtesting V8! Way to go! Please let me know if there is any way in which I can facilitate this process, and thanks again for posting your feedback on e-Sam--Westmarch is really starting to demonstrate a presence there as the key testers of what's (quite possibly) to come! (:

Keep up the good work!
Miles

Postby Kairos » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:41 am

We have yet to elect a pro-tem GMR, and I think that we are going to have a little bit of trouble getting one as this is a college town and several of our more commonly showing members are college students, but being as it is summer many had to go home.
Kairos

Return to Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons - San Luis Obispo, CA