Cal Poly Campus Showcase

Discussion/Information about the Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons

Moderators: Azalin, Kairos

Cal Poly Campus Showcase

Postby Azalin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Cal Poly Club Showcase is happening Sept 22nd (a Sunday) and a space has been reserved for Amtgard Society of Poly. Locations and such are still TBA, but information is forthcoming and will be posted here as it comes out.
Azalin

Re: Cal Poly Campus Showcase

Postby Stereotype » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:01 pm

If Deimos reminds me, I will try to come out and bring anyone I can
Stereotype

Postby Azalin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:18 pm

I just heard more from ASI: Club Showcase will be happening near the front of campus (in the UU Plaza and around the REC center). The Club Showcase will take place 11am to 3 pm, but clubs can begin setting up from 8am onwards, depending on where we place on the rotation.

I will be at the mandatory info meeting on Saturday, Sept 21 from 1:30 to 2:30pm, so I will come to the park afterwards with info and parking arrangements.
Azalin

Postby Lady Tamara » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Be sure to put out a collection jar for the food fight!!! We do not want your land to be left out!! Message me your Food Fight coordinator. I will add them to my list of participants!!
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Faye » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Lady Tamara wrote:Be sure to put out a collection jar for the food fight!!! We do not want your land to be left out!! Message me your Food Fight coordinator. I will add them to my list of participants!!

While we would absolutely love to get in on food fight, we will probably not be collecting for it at a recruitment/demo event. Especially not one at a college full of broke students.
Faye

Postby Azalin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:07 pm

More info from ASI Clubs:

Booth Space
- All groups will only be provided with a 10ft x 10ft space. No canopy, table, chairs or power supply will be provided by Orientation Programs. If a power supply is needed for your booth place please plan accordingly to provide your own.
- Reminder that no food, beverages, or merchandise can be sold or given out during the Showcase. Informational material can be given out to students, but group representatives will not allowed to walk around the showcase to pass out the information away from their booth location
Azalin

Postby Faye » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey Azalin - we should both try to remember to bring this up on the field as well; remind people that we could use some support. Also, we can try to work out who can bring what, to make ourselves a sweet booth... including trying to locate our banner.
Faye

Postby Faye » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Also, because I cannot say this enough: you rock for putting in all the work to make this happen.
Faye

Postby Azalin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:52 am

Faye: Could you give the players a head's up if you're at the park next Saturday? I will be out of town next weekend (Sept 7th), but I'll be back the 14th. Thanks.
Azalin

Postby Faye » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Sure thing! I had meant to discuss with you this past weekend, then forgot!
Faye

Postby Azalin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Got another poly email: we load our booth between 7:45-8:15am and we will be in front of Mott Gym (on the concrete road, not the grass like I asked). I'll be there so I can guard the stuff from 8:15 till the showcase starts at 11am. Shade structure is strongly advised.
Azalin

Postby deimos » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 pm

We're going to be out of town that weekend, but any of my equipment (Pop-up included) is available for use. Just arrange to meet up with me and I'll hand over whatever gear you may need.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Azalin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Deimos: I can stop by your place during the week (anytime is fine) to pick up the table and shade structure, plus whatever else wants to be on display. Chairs are good too.
Azalin

Return to Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons - San Luis Obispo, CA