Westmarch Audit

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

comments

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:41 am

If anyone chooses to take constructive criticism as scolding, then so be it. I can only voice the problems I see and address the comments made (like Laoric's schedule comment). I have no control over someone reading or looking for hostility into a post. That would be their personal problem. I do not post with hostile intent...ever.

I'd like to point out also that because Blackthorn and I are willing to risk the flames and speak out for what's right, many people (not just those in CW) come to us with issues needing addressed. CW makes use of their reps and officers this way--I believe it is our job (and duty as Knights) anyway. I do prefer people speak out their own concerns but am willing to be that voice if what they need is important. I can respect the need for anonymity even if it is not my way.

The WM petition was posted on the DS list with a request for comments. I have posted mine.
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Postby Kronk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Would you mind linking to that list? Thanks in advance.
ad astra per alia porci
Kronk
ad astra per alia porci

Postby Hannibal » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:23 pm

sir blackthorn wrote:See my responses below in Blue.6. Falcon’s Reach has 0 attendance for streaks of 4 and 5 weeks within the last six months. There is no explanation for this or the results of the Monarchy members missing four weeks in a row. Is this a failure of the Audit for this land?

Neither. FR is a small land and has often had to cancel weeks due to mundane issues. A cancelled week does not count towards a missed one. You are talking about a shire, not a duchy.

Both the DS Corpora and the Westmarch Corpora require a shire to meet at least twice a month. Can we say oops for the months of March and May? If the monarchy is not making an effort to hold Amtgard in their own land then they have missed those weeks. Trying to use canceling of the weeks should not be grounds for lack of leadership. Once again explaining this in advance would help.

I would have been the only person out, and it's kinda pointless for me to show up when no one else is coming. If I did go I would not make a sign in for myself. This is just a shire, yes it should follow the rules, and I try to do that, but I will not waste my time and money to sit in a park by myself.
Proud Golden Lion
Nodule wrote:Make a Tetsubo.
Hannibal

Postby deimos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:37 pm

I would have been the only person out, and it's kinda pointless for me to show up when no one else is coming

My wife and I did the exact same thing a couple weeks back. We knew nobody would be around that weekend, but we showed up and waited around for 30-45 minutes. It would have sucked if we missed out on a new member or two because we didn't show.

That being said, this does teach us that even if it's one or two of us sitting around hoping more show up, we should fill out an attendance sheet and only take credit in color. (I think it to be bad form to take class credits if you're not actually doing anything)
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Azus » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:57 pm

2 people can spar for 1/2 an hour and call it warrior practice :)
Azus

Postby Azus » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

An attitude of 'I call it as I see it, and if other people are upset it's their own fault" is a great way to piss people off and not accomplish much else. Likewise, taking people's straight-forward to-the-point no-mushy-wushy-stuff comments as insulting doesn't get anywhere. Face to face, people get each other's tones of voice mixed up; online when there is no tone of voice to convey a helpful ar angry tone to the words, it's much easier for everyone to read something the wrong way.

Which is to say, everyone here, dump the grumpiness, if the first time you read something it seems unpleasant, re-read it with a happy tone of voice in your head. In your posts, take the time to add the extra words, "I want to make sure there's answers if someone in DS is a bigger jerk", or "I may be reading this wrong and getting the wrong idea"...

Damn, I've been to too many management /people skills / how-not-to-piss-off-your-coworkers / client-suckup seminars recently. Kill me. Please.
Azus

Postby Laoric » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:41 pm

I think Azus very much summed up what is going on.
Laoric
Robbie Suxxorz

Postby Randall » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Thanks to everyone so far for the discussion taking place here. It's clear that everybody is deeply invested in the process of making Westmarch into a principality, and I'm glad to have had an opportunity to get some insight into what's driving everyone's beliefs. There admittedly were some questions I had after looking over the petition, and they've all been hashed out in this thread to my own satisfaction.

Part of what makes this difficult (and interesting) is that Westmarch, unlike a duchy that would be petitioning for principality status, does not currently exist. That makes it harder to handle issues like bank accounts, so I understand the decisions that were made to hold off on creating a principality treasury. I cannot speak for the rest of the DSBOD, but I will be relaying to them what I've learned. In the meantime, I would recommend that you look into getting a bank account and let us know before next Monday where you are in the process. I have also spoken to Ailanthus and Grix about getting Amtgard, Inc. and Dragonspine contracts for Westmarch.

The Dragonspine Board of Directors will be looking over the petition this Monday, and our Althing will meet on August 18th to vote. This should be during your event. I apologize for the timing, but that's the way it will have to be.

King Randall
/XX\
Randall
Magic Word Fairy

Postby 2.0 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:39 pm

i think if you're trying to make this work all of you need to leave your freaking egos at the door. "the only way to ever get a job done quickly and efficiently is for no one to care who gets the credit". i think all of you are getting way too involved and defensive over a simple issue like this because it was "my idea" and you dont want your idea/claim to fame extinguished. oh well, it was a good idea but something better came along. get over it. just by being a part of putting WM together you'll be remembered. now get it out of your heads that this is all about you and just work together to get this finished. period. the end.
2.0/Xerox
Captain of the Crusaders
Wolf Cub under Axgar
Squire to Sir Axgar
deimos wrote:A true evil overlord doesn't read a how-to manual on how to be an evil overlord. :P
pollux wrote:I want to add that the Black Phoenix is the *right* colored one.... :)

Postby Laoric » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:57 pm

2.0 wrote:i think if you're trying to make this work all of you need to leave your freaking egos at the door. "the only way to ever get a job done quickly and efficiently is for no one to care who gets the credit". i think all of you are getting way too involved and defensive over a simple issue like this because it was "my idea" and you dont want your idea/claim to fame extinguished. oh well, it was a good idea but something better came along. get over it. just by being a part of putting WM together you'll be remembered. now get it out of your heads that this is all about you and just work together to get this finished. period. the end.

That's mah boy!
Laoric
Robbie Suxxorz

Postby thistledown » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:52 pm

Going back a little ways, I am also in favor of Crimsonwood being fully admitted to Westmarch as a core land, which is what we told them would be allowed at Darkshore. No petition is necesary because it was part of the founding negotiations from before the corpora took effect.
thistledown

Postby Tevas » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:29 pm

I think we should all play a game that makes us less angry at each other...

I'll bring Hungry Hungry Hippos to the field next weekend.
Tevas

Postby Niveus » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Tevas wrote: I think we should all play a game that makes us less angry at each other...

I'll bring Hungry Hungry Hippos to the field next weekend.

LOL You have never seen me play that game. I get all riled up and angry. Those damn hippos are killers. Killers! I tell you.
Niveus

Postby pigpen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:28 am

4 sure, i go crazy at that game.. it will be broken within 2 min!
Woman-at-Arms to Sir Blackthorn

Knowing is half the battle... the other half is violence
pigpen

Postby 2.0 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:12 pm

yay for hippos!!! i want the blue one ( i cant remember if there is a blue one...=( )
2.0/Xerox
Captain of the Crusaders
Wolf Cub under Axgar
Squire to Sir Axgar
deimos wrote:A true evil overlord doesn't read a how-to manual on how to be an evil overlord. :P
pollux wrote:I want to add that the Black Phoenix is the *right* colored one.... :)

Previous

Return to General Discussion