New Awards

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

New Awards

Postby Hannibal » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:04 am

http://www.amtgard-wl.com/library/asp.pdf

Did they do away with class masterhoods? I saw nothing about them, or have they just pulled them under the rug like mask and other awards of the kind?
Proud Golden Lion
Nodule wrote:Make a Tetsubo.
Hannibal

Postby Grix » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:22 am

The new awards standardizations ONLY deals with awards that lead to knighthood. All other awards still exists, they just aren't standardized.
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Hannibal » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 am

OK, the logic behind only standardizing 1/2 the awards surpasses me. Will they later standardized all awards, masterhoods, and titles? Maybe this would be a better question on e-sam.
Proud Golden Lion
Nodule wrote:Make a Tetsubo.
Hannibal

Postby Grix » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:21 am

There's no need to standardize other awards. For example, nobody but me cares that I'm a master archer. No one's going to look at my records and go, "Well, we weren't sure if he was sword knight material or not, but then we saw that master archer!"

The idea is that a crown knight from crystal groves and a crown knight from blackspire should have both met similar criteria.
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby LucasTheLost » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:25 am

I believe the goal was to ensure that Knighthoods were consistent across kingdom boundaries... A serpent knight from CK would be at least as good as one from DS, or whatever. (I just pulled those examples out of my posterior, no slight intended against anyone).

Standardizing the other awards would be great, but apparently this was a real hot-button issue for some people (the existing "peerage" I'd imagine).
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

<wheeze>Get off my lawn.</wheeze>
LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Return to General Discussion