Who wants to run for office?

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Who wants to run for office?

Postby Grix » Fri May 04, 2007 11:16 am

I'm just curious who is interested in holding office at principality level once we get this thing going?

I know I'd like to eventually hold Monarch and Regent. I've heard a few others mention PM. Who else wants to hold office? (not necessarily the first term, just in general).
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Kronk » Fri May 04, 2007 11:23 am

Naturally, I'm willing to do my part, in one capacity or another. I'm not ready for Monarch, I think, but I could probably manage most others.
Kronk
ad astra per alia porci

Postby Laoric » Fri May 04, 2007 11:56 pm

I was planning on running for the first term.
Laoric
Robbie Suxxorz

Postby Faye » Sat May 05, 2007 10:08 am

I would like to at least run for Confederacy office in the future... after I graduate and get back from being in the peace corps. Not any time soon. I definitly don't have enough time or energy right now.
Faye

Postby Hannibal » Sat May 05, 2007 10:28 am

I am willing to step up if need be.
Proud Golden Lion
Nodule wrote:Make a Tetsubo.
Hannibal

Postby Dame Ailanthus » Tue May 08, 2007 11:05 pm

I keep telling myself I won't make a final decision until it's closer, but I'm sure at some point I'll run for some office.
On another note...Once we've got the confederacy going, we will need to elect officers. Monarch, Regent, and Champion will need to qual, and have prep time for it, but PM can be elected right away. So start seriously thinking about it, and as soon as we're definitely happening I will set exact dates for declarations, and elections.
Dame Ailanthus

Postby Hannibal » Tue May 08, 2007 11:25 pm

It would be cool if the PM could step up at darkshore! Just a random idea.
Proud Golden Lion
Hannibal

Postby Dame Ailanthus » Wed May 09, 2007 9:04 am

It would be cool, but no way it's going to happen. There is still to much to accomplish.
Dame Ailanthus

Postby Hannibal » Wed May 09, 2007 9:59 am

Well if the whole PM part was done the new PM could take your place as god. Then the PM could run the reps and everything else.
Proud Golden Lion
Hannibal

Running for office

Postby SirEuric » Mon May 21, 2007 11:23 am

I too would be very interested in holding office for our Principality but that is still a ways off as we have to concrete the corpora, make sure everyone is still on board, and submit our request to Kingdom of Dragonspine.

Still a lot of work to do before we have the first elections unfortunately.

Sir Euric
SirEuric

Postby thistledown » Tue May 22, 2007 6:29 am

I intend to run for PM once we get this going. I'm kinda centered between 3 lands anyways, so it makes sense for me to travel.
thistledown

Postby Laoric » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Bumping this as my official declaration to run for monarch.
Laoric
Robbie Suxxorz

Postby TB » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:17 pm

I am running for Regent of Westmarch

TB
TB
Terrible Bard

Postby Dame Ailanthus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:01 pm

I will be running for the office of Monarch of Westmarch.

I would like a chance to continue the growth in cooperation we have all been working so hard at. If elected I will be trying to involve people who are excited about making Westmarch as cool as it can possibly be.

One of my goals will be to encourage and support my regent to focus on growth of the arts and sciences, and a couple large, fun events. I will also continue to travel to support each land's events.

I do not believe that any one person can do everything, or is always right, so I would ask everyone to get involved and contribute in any way they can. I don't expect to do everything, but I do expect to work hard, and I believe I have the passion and experience to help lead Westmarch for a strong beginning.
Dame Ailanthus

Postby Grix » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:13 pm

I'm running for Guild Master of Reeves.

I don't think this needs the same kind of speech the other offices do, but I should probably say at least a couple words. I always do my best on the field to ensure rules are applied accurately and fairly and find myself regularly checking weapons for safety even when not required to by whichever office I'm holding at the time. I'd like to encourage as many as possible to take and pass reeves tests, and then ensure that our events always have an appropriate number of good reeves.
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Next

Return to General Discussion