Declarations for Westmarch office

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Declarations for Westmarch office

Postby SirEuric » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 am

I spoke in the Westmarch PM thread about my intentions to run for King. I intended to work closely with Burning Lands to foster the growth of the Academy of Greystone as again this can be a step toward the future template for Amtgard School Based groups. I wanted to continue visits to the Lands as the current Monarchy has done. I also wanted to spend time with some of the groups to help integrate them more fully into Westmarch and assist with ideas for recruitment and such. I hope whoever wins Monarch of this great Kingdom takes these ideas and more and continues to make Westmarch an awesome place to play.

Due to foot surgeries and other impending issues, I cannot fully give the time to the office it deserves.There are also allegations of Sir Nakita and myself teaming up to bully someone. I personally do not believe this to be true but I will be requesting Sir Goldcrest head up this investigation. If the claims are valid then I deserve the consequences, if as I believe, they will be found without merit you can be guaranteed it will harden my resolve.

I pray after all of this shakes out we can get back to what makes Amtgard great like the super fun, no drama day at Aureaus Saltus yesterday.
Sir Euric
SirEuric

Re: Declarations for Westmarch office

Postby SirEuric » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:52 am

After further review of the Ombudsman program I agree with King Porkins that this is not the proper issue for Sir Goldcrest's attention. However, I do not think any of the Monarchy can be unbiased in this investigation and feel we need to pursue a viable mediator.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Porkins » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Before an investigation can be started a claim would need to be made, and I haven't heard one thing about these charges.

The only thing I can really say to allay your feelings is that we have several systems by corpora to prevent those bad decisions from being made; things like needing 2 members to agree(Monarch,Pm or GMR), the right to an appeal should a unjust decision to be made, or even things not strictly by corpora like having a person chosen by the accused to sit in on all discussions to make sure they are given full faith and credit. At the very worst even if a bad decision was made I very much doubt the people of Westmarch would stand idly by.

Again the first thing that would need to happen is for someone to actually make a formal complaint or for you to perform the action in front of me or one of the officers (which you haven't). Until that happens this seems premature.
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Postby Randy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:50 pm

SirEuric wrote:After further review of the Ombudsman program I agree with King Porkins that this is not the proper issue for Sir Goldcrest's attention. However, I do not think any of the Monarchy can be unbiased in this investigation and feel we need to pursue a viable mediator.

I'll be your huckleberry. I have years of EO training and am outside of current politics enough that I should be able to remain free of bias, I would have to say though that I can't imagine an instance in which you or Nakita would bully someone. My personal belief is that the term bullying is being used obsessively when someone doesn't get their way, or they are not given the accolades they feel they deserved. So maybe I am a little biased.

On the otherhand, as his majesty has stated, someone would need to file a complaint for there be something to investigate.
Randy

Return to General Discussion