Deep Breaths

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Deep Breaths

Postby Randy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Citizens of Westmarch. Please take a deep breath and realize we have made. It's been a long road, but we are nearly a year as a Kingdom and the easy part is over.

We no longer report to anyone but ourselves. We can Knight who we want and organize our infrastructure how we want. SO lets all just take a moment and relax. The distance from park to park has always been an issue, but we have gotten past it. Communication is and forever will be our biggest struggle, but the important thing to remember is that we are responsible to each other to ensure California Amtgard is the best Amtgard.

What does that mean? First and foremost, we have to let go of past grudges. I know I spent too many years thinking of ways to get back at those who sluffed me last. Now, I look forward to playing the next game, regardless of who runs it or what my part is in it. I voice my opinion, but if the group wants to go another direction; I lend them my full support. And most importantly, I assume that the leadership at the time is trying to do what they feel is best for the park/Kingdom. I don't assume they are doing it for the next award or trying to garner favor with one clique or another, I assume they are trying to have fun and ensure that everyone else is having fun.

So in closing I love each and everyone of you, and thoroughly wish I had the time to spend more time with you. Westmarch 4-Life!
Randy

Re: Deep Breaths

Postby groo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:38 pm

I like what Randy said...that attitude, those ideals, that's the majority in Westmarch. If you push people away, or just bring drama...remember, you can't play this great game alone!
I can't say I love you all, but I wouldn't write you a speeding ticket!
groo
groo

Re: Deep Breaths

Postby Azus » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:26 am

Woohoo! Alrighty everyone, drag racing in Rohnert Park! Groo, what's your schedule like? ;)
Azus

Return to General Discussion