Website Updates

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Website Updates

Postby Fiks » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Hey gang.

Just an FYI. Lands page has been updated to include our newly sponsored land of Aureus Saltus and to include the California outline map from the bid package (slightly updated). Also the Important Documents page has links to the newly adopted and Board of Directors approved Westmarch Kingdom lands audit forms. So Prime Ministers can look there for the audit forms come July. More updates may be forthcoming, as our Highness has decreed a desire regarding the website.

Okay, so the carpet's new, so take your DAMMED SHOES OFF GAAAH!
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Re: Website Updates

Postby Grimbold » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:21 pm

The numbers on the map of cali dont link to the right parks. Lodi is shown as number 9, which is listed as FalDare, i imagine that means others are in the wrong spots too
vincit qui se vincit
vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Grimbold

Postby Fiks » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Yup. Falls apart at Aegir's Hall. Thought I had updated the map after AH made sponsored, but must've forgot.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Fiks

Postby Fiks » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:01 pm

Know someone new to Amtgard and want to direct them to the Westmarch website but feel like they could use a quick primer on Amtgard?

Try the new "New to Amtgard?" page of the website. Similar to the "How to Join" page on Amtgard.com, just with a CA centric bent for those who we know are already prime recruitment potential for one of our local parks. This addition to the website was due to a royal decree by His Highness King Porkins. So blame him.

I was hoping to get good photos of some quality equipment at our most recent crown quals, but non of my photos came out well enough for my tastes. Think you've got a good photo of some excellent equipment? Send 'em my way and I can incorporate them into the New to Amtgard? page. Looking for at least a cool weapon photo and a cool armor photo. Maybe a cool combat photo. Good quality, full-sized non-Facebook photos please. Facebook does horrible things to your photos when you upload them there. And if it's a Facebook photo that's been reposted several times? Yikes.

Any other typos, inaccuracies or something you really think should be added can be addressed to me. Preferably in PM.
Fiks

Postby Ubrik » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Displayed in 1280 x 1024 resolution the text of the land info overlaps the map, unable to test in others, there seems to be space to move the map right a little bit I think it would look cleaner.
Ubrik

Postby Fiks » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:38 pm

What browser (and version) and OS you using? Not seeing it on my end.

edit: Woof, nm. Found it in Chrome. Something went horribly wrong there. :/

edit edit: I think I figured out how to get it to cooperate properly. Lemme know if there's still an issue.
Fiks

Postby Ubrik » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:44 pm

(if it still helps) I am using opera, on 64bit windows 7
Ubrik

Postby Fiks » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:17 am

Give it a refresh and lemme know if there's still an issue. Apparently there was a slight confusion among browsers on how to stack elements that Firefox (my main browser) was being "unique" about.
Fiks

Postby Collin the Red » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:59 am

No Fal Dare (Carson City)?
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Azus » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:39 am

I see something that looks like Fal Dare on map and the lands list.
Azus

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am

Fal Dare is on the map, Eternal Wolf is not due to them no longer being apart of Westmarch.
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Ubrik » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:48 pm

map is fixed for me.
Ubrik

Return to General Discussion