Dor Un Avathar

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Dor Un Avathar

Postby deimos » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:48 am

The Dor Un Avathar committee is set put the 4.0 Playtest before the Amtgard Circle of Monarchs in the next few weeks.

From the committe:
Please forgive my tardiness. We have been hard at work and have the final text version draft of the Dor Un Avathar for your review. Hopefully this is the last revision, although there may be minor typographical edits to be made, and of course we are working on a full layout version. Please take a look and get your feedback to your Monarch's. The vote is scheduled to start December 15.

Playtest: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxARbdS6LfsoTjlrUVJpajNLWnc/view?pli=1

Change Log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxARbdS6LfsodFZheEsyT18weXM/view?pli=1

Please discuss your opinions and views of the proposed document.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Re: Dor Un Avathar

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:23 pm

The last change before adding art I hope.
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby GALE StrongHammer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi there, Gale here, Monster enthusiast extraordinaire (self-proclaimed),

I really love what I am seeing in this latest version of DorX and I can see a lot of work has been put into it. I think it's great and I look forward to playing a lot of the monsters here.

I am a bit...under-enthused(?) about the player class feature. I was under the impression that it would be more to the effect of Players being able to play normal classes with an extra ability or two from looking the part of a monster. I thought it would be more of a separate system from the outright monster classes.

Examples:
A bard dresses up as a goblin and instead of getting the bard look the part feature, they get the abilities Fragile (T) and Sheer Numbers (Ex) 2/life.
A warrior puts on elf ears and roleplays a very noble air about them and instead of the warrior look the part, they get Weapons: Bow (if shield is not carried).
A scout braids his bead, or wears a yarn beard, and acts gruff and proud and instead of the scout look the part, they get Greater Harden (self only) (T), and Mend (Ex) 2/life.

(Even if this is not something DorX was intending to do, I would love to write up a supplement for it.)
"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to do it someday."
GALE StrongHammer

Postby Collin the Red » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:13 am

Gail, there is starting on page 51:
here is elf:
Race: Elf
Garb: Silver sash, Pointed ears. AND as per Player Class.
Look the Part: Tracking (Ex) 1/Refresh, Charge x10
Armor: As per Player Class
Shields: As per Player Class
Weapons: As per Player Class
Abilities:
Player Class (Any Class, at player's current level in that Class) (T)
Enchantable (T)
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Fox » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Omg. Elf Warrior gets bow in stead of a shield? That's actually the coolest thing ever. The class samurai lives again! <333
Fox

Return to General Discussion