GBU: Flurbtastic V (L5R)

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

GBU: Flurbtastic V (L5R)

Postby GALE StrongHammer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:51 pm

Let's hear it. I want to know how to improve Flurbtastic.

From my perspective:

The Good - The people. Everyone who showed up was so awesome. I loved every Flurbing moment, you guys did so much with the arena I was able to provide. It was everything I could have hoped for and more.

The Bad - The weather was horribly hot at the middle of the day. Participation waned as the temperature rose. We need a site with shade.

The Ugly - The lack of prior planning. I was still crafting until the game started at 10. I wish I could/would have started everything way sooner.
"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to do it someday."
GALE StrongHammer

Re: GBU: Flurbtastic V (L5R)

Postby Drenth » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Good: The flurbing: I can't remember the last time I got to flurb so much as the crane clan (best clan). Also, I got to meet some cool people from other lands that I never spoke with before, and although I have forgotten your names, you are super cool.

Bad: While the site was big enough to accommodate the number of people, it was missing some much needed amenities (I looked, but I could not find some running water to drink among other things). The questing seem disorganized and done on the fly a few times. To the crats service they were able to keep everything running (relatively) smoothly, although it seems they needed more help.

Ugly: As the day got hot, and there was a lull in the action, people got frustrated which led to not fun times. Trying to keep with a more concise schedule and constantly firing off events, (even if they are smaller, less important events) to keep those who weren't participating in clan political shenanigans interested in what was going on.

Overall: My first flurbtastic in two years, Flurb V was a fun little event which in the future will function much smoother with a bit more planning and more help.
Odinmadr
Drenth

Postby Azus » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:03 am

The good
I enjoyed the games, the final battle (I guess I was too busy being dead to notice the start of the confusions, and too busy getting info and negotiating with a reeve to notice the rest of the confusion). The performances I saw were fun, which I had seen more. I saw lots of good attitudes, few bad attitudes.

The bad
A kistune stole an arrow from my quiver!

The ugly
I think my face was the ugliest thing there. Maybe someone else has an uglier face?

Improvements
Lunch was good, and I appreciate Baronet Waterhammer's customizing it for each person - and the line moved rather slowly. But he didn't poison me or my peeps, so it's all good.
Azus

Postby Dagny » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:38 pm

The Good: I am amazed at our turnout, and thrilled at how many people got really into it. I'm super proud of my crat team and what we were all able to accomplish in the short time we had to get this year's event off the ground.

The Bad: We needed more Day-Of staff to keep things running smoothly (though we managed) and definitely more time to plan.

The Ugly: Nothing but maybe the obnoxious pink :)
"Mongo only pawn in game of life." ~Mongo, Blazing Saddles
Dagny

Return to General Discussion