Westmarch Wars, The good, the bad, and the ugly.

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Westmarch Wars, The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Postby KalevraFallstar » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Hello Westmarch,

Now that WMW is over, I am looking for feedback. I know not everything went smoothly, and I am looking for what people liked, or didn't like, and suggestions for improvement. Please keep your criticism constructive, and if you don't want to state something publicly PM me here or on Facebook.
KalevraFallstar

Re: Westmarch Wars, The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Postby GALE StrongHammer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:43 pm

The good: The people, the events (especially the magic hallway), the closeness of the site to a lot of people

The bad: The dusty-ness of the site (but not a whole lot we as amtgarders can do about that), Scheduling push backs like feast and court

The ugly: How long the tourney took compared to the time that was allotted for it

The awesome: The person who ran it all and those that helped!
"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to do it someday."
GALE StrongHammer

Re: Westmarch Wars, The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Postby Mathis » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Had a good time! Hard to have a bad time while larping with all you wonderful folks. Dust sucks- maybe the convenience of the site not worth the fighting terrain?

I thought the highly structured one-shot one life battlegames for team points were less fun than a basic everyone plays everyone CTF game would have been. Seemed like scheduling was a bit off, got DQ'd from single short in bracket while waiting around to perform something for ANS. I think it would be better, in general, to run tournament earlier in the day and battlegames later. That way fighters still have energy and you don't risk running into important stuff if it goes overtime.

Shoutouts to the pancakes.
Mathis

Return to General Discussion