first aid for Westmarch events

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

first aid for Westmarch events

Postby ravenb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:41 am

I just wanted to start a discussion about first aid at Amtgard events. I know that we all sign waivers to indicate we are aware of and acknowledge the physical risks of fighting. But I think there should be some sort of availability of basic first aid at Westmarch events. What I have experienced in my brief experiences at events (as a color to qualify my level of fighting involvement), is a range of cuts, bruises, minor head trauma, potential rib bruising, and joint sprains/strains/finger jams.
I have started bringing a basic first aid kit, but as a non-human medical professional, am not qualified or certified in administering aid to humans, so can only provide bandaids, ice packs and facilitate "self-healing".
Do we need to have someone certified in CPR and/or first aid at our events? Are we content with a only first aid kit being available? I will bring my first aid kit to all events I attend, and am amending stock based on what has been needed. And I can certainly continue to do so unless you prefer me to stop. But I can not attend all events.
Ideas? Thoughts?
Raven Skullsmasher of the Duchy of Thors refuge
ravenb

Re: first aid for Westmarch events

Postby Azus » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:16 am

Happily Rill is certified fancystuff and is back attending events.

For FOM I hear someone offered services, for a fee. Budget-wise, paying for her services would have made things a bit interesting...
Azus

Re: first aid for Westmarch events

Postby ravenb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:30 am

I was thinking noire along the lines of havin Westmarch crats or someone attending trained in CPR and available as a service position...
I have stocked the first aid kit out of my own pocket.
ravenb

Return to General Discussion