Calendar!

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Calendar!

Postby Azus » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:59 am

I personally miss the old days, when everyone used only caamtgard, and so it was easy to figure out what events were going on in other lands, because it was all in one place. These days, stuff scattered between facebook, more facebook, caamtgard, yet another facebook group. And when something gets updated in one place (ex, Westmarch Tourney moving from Wyvern's Spur to Quals) 3/4 of the copy & paste calendars aren't updated... And one land plans an event expecting visitors, oops! there's a scheduling conflict with another land's event that the monarchy didn't know about. argh.

Seeing how it's bad form to point out a problem without a solution, I threw this together:

Westmarch's google calendar

What I would love to see is all events, quests, etc listed here, and this be the primary go to place for a schedule. (In reality, I can see a lot of folks wanting a local calendar for their land's primary use).

BTW, when logged into as westmarch.amtgard@gmail, the calendar shows all the pretty colors and color-coding. Anyone know how to do that with the shared version?
Azus

Re: Calendar!

Postby Bustanado » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:42 am

Logging on with my main gmail account didn't show any color coding. The idea, however, is the bee's knees, and thanks for putting us dirty freeholder Wyvern's Spur children in Marin on it!

P.S. There's an error. The Spur's coronation is listed as lasting through Monday. :)
Bustanado

Postby Collin the Red » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:09 am

Bustanado wrote: The Spur's coronation is listed as lasting through Monday. :)

Whoohoo!!! Sleep over at Azuz's!!
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Fiks » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:35 pm

For the sake of simplicity and legibility, I've moved all the Kingdom-specific/special events off of the above calendar and renamed it "WM Land Meetings." The Westmarch-specific/special events calendar will be up shortly. Literally in the middle of finishing it up. ;)
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Return to General Discussion