Question about waivers

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Question about waivers

Postby Vidya » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Wow not a garb post. CRAZY!!

Anyway I was rereading the RoP and wanted some secondary opinion on the section on Age of Combatants. pg.4 the passage states: "The child's legal guardian must agree to assume all responsibility for the safety of the child and execute an additional waiver to that effect, acknowledging the risks inherent in Amtgard combat, especially for children engaging in combat with adults, and assuming responsibility for those risks."

My main question is do we have a second waiver for parents? (if so I'm maybe blind and could you link it to me please?) If we don't, do we need it to create one or is it something the the parent needs to provide? And lastly is it required for all children under 14yrs or is it a flexible rule?

Thanks guys!!
Vidya

Re: Question about waivers

Postby Collin the Red » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:45 am

i believe our standard waiver in Westmarch covers the additional waiver requirement as some kingdoms waivers have very little detail that this is a contact sport/activity and no place to indicate a parent signing for a child.

but the new BoD could, if the populace wants, create a second more detailed child's waiver that includes lines like
as the parent or gardian, I agree to be present and observing my childs participation at all times, and at all functions. this is my responsibility and will make sure if I personally am not present, I will have someone present with my written authorization to monitor my child and take corrective actions if needed.

or something along that line
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Return to General Discussion