Spring Muster Competition - BUSINESS CARDS!

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Spring Muster Competition - BUSINESS CARDS!

Postby Azus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:54 pm

Amtgard inc has declared March to be Spring Muster, the recruitment month for Amtgard!
First step is a competition!

Business cards
Does your land already have business cards to hand out? Time to check them and make sure they're up to snuff! Does your land not have business cards? Time to design some, and print them out to hand to visitors who walk up to your land, to hand out at the fabric store, to post on the wall at the coffee shop.

Requirements
*Cards for your land need to be done by a member of your land
*Cards need to be standard business card size.
*A specific link to a page on amtgard.com will need to be included (and no other websites or emails) for tracking purposes. However after the Muster competition, feel free to change to addresses back to whatever you like (your local facebook, caamtgard, contact emails, etc).
What is this link? I'm going to have to tell you later, I'm still waiting for that detail from the mustering committee. But why wait to get started?

Due date
Please have your designs submitted to me as azus_ws@yahoo.com by February 20th - in time to start handing out during March's Spring Muster.

Winners
Winners to be decided by a team, not yet decided, on a date not yet picked.
The winning land will get awesome things to hand to people who are interested in the game. Also, a small-midsized land banner, as part of March's Spring Muster prizes.
Azus

Re: Spring Muster Competition - BUSINESS CARDS!

Postby Vidya » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:46 pm

So is the challenge to make a new business card with the special link and it more about designing or to just update our existing one with the special link and submit that??
Vidya

Postby Azus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:06 pm

argh, didn't see this til now...

Both? Updat existing cards, create new cards, and no need to limit to one card per land.
Azus

Postby Vidya » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Azus wrote:argh, didn't see this til now...

Both? Updat existing cards, create new cards, and no need to limit to one card per land.

Okie dokie awesome. And do you know the "special url" is yet??
Vidya

Postby Azus » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 pm

*cry*. Nope. Don't know yet. A couple of us have asked...

For that matter, I'm not sure what all I can put on the page for that special url, and I've been slacking at putting together content for it. grrrrrr.
Azus

Postby Fiks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:59 pm

Azus wrote:*cry*. Nope. Don't know yet. A couple of us have asked...

For that matter, I'm not sure what all I can put on the page for that special url, and I've been slacking at putting together content for it. grrrrrr.

Well... if it's for recruitment, and for getting players in our area to our parks... there's always the ORK Atlas and/or lands page on this website?
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Azus » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:10 am

Got the link! Please use [url]muster.amtgard.com/wm[/url] It should be ready to go soon. Hits to that link get tracked, then it'll redirect to http://caamtgard.com/new/.

BTW, who made http://caamtgard.com/new/, Fiks? It's quite nice.
Azus

Return to General Discussion