State of Westmarch Winter Reign 2016

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

State of Westmarch Winter Reign 2016

Postby KalevraFallstar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Greetings Westmarch,

We are half way through the reign and I wanted to take a moment to talk with you about the state of Westmarch.
Winter reigns tend to start out slow and I had some pretty big plans. I think some great progress has been made,
but we have a long way to go to accomplish what I set out to do.

Our financial situation as a kingdom is pretty good. The official numbers break down is as follows:
Total Funds- $5,442.23
General Funds- $2,614.69
Cash- $154.00
Checking- $2,460.69
WMW- $600.00
FOM- $1,002.98
Darkshore- $1,224.56

This shows that we are on an upward trajectory, especially in regards to event funding. The goal obviously being that future autocrats never have to be financially burdened up front in regards to running a Kingdom Event.

The Circle of Monarchs has been in a great deal of communication and will be trying to coordinate some of my other goals at a park level in the near future.
The Corpora Committee has been quiet lately but I think there should be some traction there very soon, and look forward to what they have to offer. I have been working away at Event Bid Standardization, and should have a complete roll out of that by the end of February. This should include a small guide to running an Event, a standardized form for submitting a bid to the kingdom, and a list of contact information for people and places that are generally helpful in getting an event off the ground.

Our mid-reign event in Seven Sleeping Dragons was excellent! The event had 40+ in attendance. We had the first of this seasons Westmarch Tournament Series, and put into effect the new Warlord Sports Tournament style. This was well received and highly spoken of when the tournament was over. Ohlanna of Thor's Refuge won Dragon Master, beating out Faye of SSD by less than one point, and Jokyo of Wavehaven won Weapon Master by one point over Sir Diemos. I would like to thank SSD for hosting, and our Kingdom Regent Count Fiks of Wavehaven for the absolutely scrumptious Chicken and Dumplings feast. Thanks also to Baronet Leah and MaA Belias for running the Dragon/Weapon Master tournaments. They went very smoothly and seemed like a lot of fun.

So here is where I ask for help. As I stated I have a lot of big plans for Westmarch and I cannot do it alone. I need active participation from the populace of course, but I could also use some specific help from volunteers. If you have the time, inclination, and want to be of help, please PM me here or on Facebook and lets talk about what your interested in helping with, or learning, and I will try to find the best use for your much appreciated service. Especially in regards to the Recruitment Contest and the Fund Raising Initiative. Both of these areas require some serious effort and time, and your Monarchs can not do it alone. Not to mention the inter-kingdom Recruitment Initiative known as Spring Muster. There is a lot of different areas I could use some help in, everything from coordinating of the various listed projects, to corralling the people in charge of doing things and keeping track of their progress for me. So please again, if you can help in any way, let me know and I will certainly put you to work.

On a more personal note. In my opinion the Kingdom of Westmarch is doing Fantastic. We like any kingdom have our problems, but in general this is one of the most amazing groups I have ever been a part of, or had the privilege of leading. I am so impressed and amazed on a weekly basis, by the amount of creativity, and passion the populace of this kingdom has, and I look forward to see what we are capable of in the future.

King Kalevra Fallstar
Marquis of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Euric Bloodstone
Paragon Monk/Wizard
KalevraFallstar

Return to General Discussion