WESTMARCH A&S TOURNAMENT II RULES

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

WESTMARCH A&S TOURNAMENT II RULES

Postby KalevraFallstar » Tue May 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Welcome to the second WMA&ST. I have a few new things I would like to try out, and would like to clearly lay out the plans, rules, and procedures of the upcoming Tournament Series.

There will be 3 different tournaments. All will compete over a different theme and include 5 categories. The categories with remain the same: Art, Bardic, Construction, Garb, and Literature. Each tournament will be judged at a Dragon Master level. Each category will be scored in competition only with itself. So if there are 9 entries in the Art category, the three highest scoring entries in Art will receive 1st,2nd, and 3rd in Art. Those winners will receive 5,3, and 1 points respectively. The overall overall 1st,2nd, and 3rd will be determined by the participant with the most points from individual categories combined. So Participant A gets 1st in Art, 3rd in Construction, and 2nd in Bardic so they receive a total score of 9 points. Any ties will be resolved first by the participants highest overall score, in the case that is a tie as well, the next highest scores will be compared and so on.

After talking with the Queen, we have decided to make a few changes to the WMA&STS.

We would like to hold on to any entries that the crafters will allow, especially winning entries, and Auction them off in September for Food Fight. Half of the money received for an item goes back to the creator, and half goes to food fight. The money contributed to FF, will be done so in that crafters name, and will count toward their and their parks FF donations.

With this in mind I would like to move up the time table for the 3 events. As noted below:

Event I
Theme: Dragons
Date: June 18 (1 month from now)

Event II
Theme: Magic
Date: July 29 or 30

Event III
Theme: Westmarch
Date: August 26 or 27

To clarify, if a participant in the series does not want their item auctioned, they are not required to. The Auction itself will be held the 1st or 2nd weekend in September, and will be an online auction open to anyone in Westmarch. If you are not participating in the crafting series, but would like to donate items to the auction, please message me privately.

Marquis Paragon Kalevra Fallstar
Regent of Westmarch
KalevraFallstar

Return to General Discussion