Question about Ashen Spire

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Re: Question about Ashen Spire

Postby Fiks » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Powers_7 wrote:Is the Ashen Spire group still running events on Saturdays from 1:30-6 or has something happened to it? If it is gone where would be the closest one to San Jose? Any information or advice is appreciated.

Hi Powers. The Ashen Spire group is sadly still defunct. Wavehaven, down in Santa Cruz, still meets at Brommer Street Park from noon to around two or three every Saturday. Next closest park is probably one of the East Bay parks: Wyvern's Spur in Berkeley, Aureus Saltus in Martinez or Belial Peaks in Brentwood. North Bay the closest would be Sylvan Reaches in Larkspur, but that's over one of the bridges so not as convenient, I'm sure.

Sadly to say there's not much closer that's Amtgard at the moment. Occasionally a few players in the area still get together for whacks but I dunno off hand where they organize. Think there might have been a post recently on the Westmarch Facebook group about it.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Re: Question about Ashen Spire

Postby Meyliassa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm just coming out of an extended lurkerdom and have relocated from Sacramento to San Jose. I'd be game to see if something could be started up again here, though I'll have to dig up guides on how to re-craft any weapons since I have no doubt mine are all long since defunct. They've been getting used for pells practice on and off the last handful of years.

~Mey
Meyliassa

Return to General Discussion