<de-lurks>

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

<de-lurks>

Postby Meyliassa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Heyo, how go things foam-side?

I figured that after being absentee for.. uh.. [Edit: my last post was 7 years ago, good gods, how has it been that long?!] .. ish? years, and a relocation to San Jose, I figured I'd stick my nose out of hiding to see if anyone is active anywhere in the area. The Ashen Spire/Wavehaven forums looks pretty dusty, is anyone getting together at either of those spots anymore?

~Mey
Meyliassa

Re: <de-lurks>

Postby Fiks » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi Mey,

I saw you posted in the other thread from today, so I assume you saw my post there? Also, going to guess it was you posting on the Wavehaven Facebook group just a little bit ago. Most of Amtgard related communications is done on Facebook nowadays, so most of the forums here are rather stale now. The forums are still our best option for archiving important information (like Althings, BoD minutes, event information, etc.) so they continue on.

But just to reiterate for sake of completeness: Ashen Spire is still defunct, but Wavehaven still meets weekly unless there's a major event happening in CA. Saturdays at Brommer Street Park in Santa Cruz, from around noon to around two-to-three. We've got loaners and knowledgeable weapon crafters if you wanna come swing and talk foam. Your other options on this side of the Bay Area are Wyvern's Spur in Berkeley, Aureus Saltus in Martinez, and Belial Peaks in Brentwood.

With how hard it has appeared to be to get Ashen Spire re-functional, I feel like it might be best if, were you wanting to try and get Amtgard going again up in the Silicon Valley, you were to start from complete scratch. Trying to build upon previous members and resources has so-far resulted in no lasting success.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Meyliassa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Yeap, I saw that thread just after I had posted this one. Sad to see that Ashen Spire has gone MIA, I've thought about looking them up over the last few years I've been in the neighborhood but never made any headway into actually making that contact. And yes, I've been a lurker on the Ashen Spire FB group for some time (I had faint hope that it was just that the FB group was barely used, but alas.. ), and just joined the Wavehaven FB group. I might have to take a meander out that way this weekend and say hallo.

I've talked about Amtgard with a number of folks in the area who have expressed varying levels of interest. I'll have to chew on whether I have enough motivation to try to start anything up from scratch.

~Mey
Meyliassa

Postby SirEuric » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:22 am

Hi Mey,
Miss you, you are so awesome and fun. Good luck with Ashen Spire.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Return to General Discussion