CrownQualifications 14 April 2018

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

CrownQualifications 14 April 2018

Postby Water Hammer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:09 pm

When: Saturday, April 14th, 2018 (Signups due by Noon)
Where: Under the Redwoods, Eagle Park, 1000 Emily Ave, Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Why: Gotta get candidates for Kingdom level and below offices qualified
Who: Anybody and everybody is welcome to attend, but especially people wanting to run for Kingdom offices

What:

As announced, Crown Qualifications will be hosted by Crimsonwood this time around, on April 14th.

(TL,DR: location is Eagle Park, 1000 Emily Ave, Rohnert Park, CA 94928, 1200-1700ish)

Our Kingdom Qualifications for the Summer Reign of 2018 shall be held at the Southwest corner of Eagle Park, (google street location = 1000 Emily Ave, Rohnert Park, CA 94928. (Go ahead and Google it, prove me wrong.)

Amenities include no running water and a sometimes running faucet within 600 yards, no electrical outlet, and a couple of picnic and pop up tables we will supply. There will be at least one large tent to protect cultural items from the weather. Parking is close-by streets and the school adjacent to the park; at the very least there's handicap parking nearby for those who need it. There's a nice big field alongside the redwoods so we should have no trouble staking out areas for the tournaments and maybe even some ditching and class battle fighting afterwards if time and people's commutes allow.

Sign-ups for Quals will be open as soon as I get there and setup. We will also have an electronic method of signing up prior to April 14th (separate announcement to follow). Signups for Cultural Competition and Warmaster will close promptly at NOON. Plan your travels accordingly.

The Quals competitions shall begin at 12:30 pm sharp. Make sure you plan your travel times accordingly and add some padding to your travel time to allow for traffic and set up. Chances are there will be people at the park waiting for the festivities to begin, so come hang out early.

This means if you need to participate in the Cultural competition, you need to have your items setup on the tables/spaces provided, your cards filled out, and your items added to the master list before NOON. If your items don't have cards and your cards don't have a number assigned by me, it will not be judged, and you will not pass Quals. This is my very serious/sad face.

I require at least five volunteers to judge the Cultural competition, and at least eight reeves and four score keepers to oversee the Warmaster competition. The Warmaster coordinator shall be Sir Blackthorn.

The Cultural competition will be held as per the corpora. The only choice I have per corpora is in electing to throw out or keep high and low scores in calculating the final average score of an item. I have chosen NOT to throw out any scores. Repeat, per corpora I have chosen NOT to throw out any scores.
If you have an item in the Cooking category, please make sure you bring your entry in an appropriate vessel for serving/tasting and have enough for five judges and a spare serving just in case. Don't forget those recipe lists! If your Cooking entry contains alcohol, you must indicate that to me in writing a week before Quals and I will make arrangements for that item to be judged at a time and place that meets with the legal requirements of the City of Rohnert Park and County of Sonoma. If you bring an alcoholic entry without giving me adequate warning that entry will be disqualified! Basic rules of our park are 1) Alcohol cannot be in a glass container.

Any entries in the Literature category over a page (single spaced, 1" margins, 10pt font at minimum) must be emailed to me a week in advance of Quals. My email is mjamesuscg@earthlink.net and please attach it as a PDF if at all possible. If you send me a Word or Excel doc and it has a virus embedded in it, you will receive a less than pleasant score.

Strategic gaming will not be a category due to expected time.

The Warmaster competition will be as per the corpora, and As per our corpora Warmaster will consist of five events with the winner of each event receiving five (5) points, second place receiving three (3) points and third place one (1) point. Entrant with the most points will be declared Warmaster; in the case of a tie 0.5 per win will be used to break the tie of the two entrants.

Each event will be run using the Warlord Sports style, 15 to 20 min ironman followed by a top 8 bracket. Seeding for the top 8 bracket is determined by total number of wins in the event with length of streaks being used to break any ties.

We will hold an additional bracket for those with 2nd order of the warrior or less. The bracket is expected to be top 4, but may increase up to 8 total due to ties. Note that this bracket is for fun and this does not earn points towards Warmaster.

Events (in order):
• Single short sword
Double short sword
Short sword and shield
• Open weapon
• Great weapon

Weapons will be check by the reeves after sign-up closes.
First event is expected to start at about 12:30 PM
Single short sword is between 18” and 36” per ROP
Shield is any legal shield under 8 square feet per ROP
Open weapon is any legal combination of mele weapons and/or shield even if the combination was used in a previous event.
We will run the Ironman portion of each event followed by a 5 to 10 min hydration break. After all of the Iornman events are completed we will do all of the brackets in the original order.
Event organizer may adjust number of lines, currently 4, and time for each bracket based number of participants and available weapons.

All serious competitors should have their own Great weapon, as well as the other weapon combinations. Start preparing now if you need to repair or build yourself a weapon to compete with. Do not think to rely on your ability to submit a weapon into the Cultural competition and then fight with it later in the Warmaster for the Open or Great categories.

Results will be tabulated at the park and announced when available. Results will also be posted online early the following week, as my schedule allows. It will then be up to our esteemed officers to run the election the week after, and hold Coronation two weeks after (according to our current schedule).

Hope to see everyone on the 14th of April at Crown Qualifications hosted by Crimsonwood!

Yours in service,

Baronet Waterhammer
Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Kingdom Quals Autocrat
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Re: CrownQualifications 14 April 2018

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:28 am

Thank you for all the hard work! I had a great time and everything went smoothly. The entries were amazing! The ground curry was a hit and I am sure will be talked about for years to come. LOL
A huge thank you to all who entered as well! Good job everyone!
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Water Hammer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Score sheets attached for your perusal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Water Hammer

Postby Azus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Thanks for posting that, Waterhammer!
Azus

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Thanks Waterhammer. I appreciate you posting this info. :)
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Postby Collin the Red » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:37 pm

And streaks from tye fighting tourney?
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Water Hammer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:15 am

The fighting side of things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Water Hammer

Postby Faye » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:37 am

Hmm, I can't seem to open either of those attachments - am I missing something?
Faye

Postby Lady Tamara » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 am

Just a heads up, The Punisher is from Mistyvale.
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Return to General Discussion