Declaration for Summer 2019 Reign

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Declaration for Summer 2019 Reign

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:51 pm

I would like to take this opportunity to declare my intent to run for the office of Westmarch monarch for this summer 2019 reign.

My plans are to run an Ancient Egyptian theme. To that extent, I have a couple of land projects to put forth for each of our kingdom’s lands, including making small banners from papyrus. I have compiled a resource list of things fictional and factual about Ancient Egypt: books, movies, documentaries, etc. Hopefully we can learn a bit about this time period in history; its culture, deities, and legends; and have a lot of fun along the way. Ancient Egypt spans some thirty centuries and dynasties (3100 B.C. to its conquest by Alexander the Great and beyond with Cleopatra being the last Pharoah.) which opens up for many choices with regards to weaponry and garb for each of us. I also believe the summer weather is the perfect time for this type of reign.

Additionally, I learned the Wetlands has recently done a similar style reign and spoke with their monarchy on some their battlegames. I will share these with my champion as a spring board for their own game ideas. There is plenty of opportunity for wargames based on historical battles. I’d love to see quests and games involving the Egyptian deities and monsters (like mummys). I also plan to borrow the Wetlands idea of Ancient Egyptian themed award templates. I have queried a couple of people about creating these but will open it up to anyone interested. Let’s spread the creativity around!

As for myself, most of my Crown Qual entries revolve around Ancient Egypt. I hope you’ll take a look at them. I also plan to play around with my persona name for the reign. If elected, I shall be referred to as Pharoah Elspetshepsuth. Grin. (Bring on the jokes! I don’t mind.)

A vote for me is a step back across the centuries!
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Return to General Discussion