Welcome, welcome, one and all.

Forum for members of the Siar Geata BOD

Moderator: Scorch Flamedancer

Welcome, welcome, one and all.

Postby LucasTheLost » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Only STFU unless you're on the BOD. ;)

If you're reading this, you've noticed our Shiny New Forum, freshly minted by his evilness, Grix. Like the main BOD forum, only BOD members (and any Alternates) may post here, but everyone can read. Open Discussion and all that.

Our first order of bidness needs to be a Meeting Schedule. Oh, and we need to add the current Monarch and PM (Hi dear) to those with write access here. (Done)

At that first meeting, we need to elect some BOD officers:
WM Corpora, Article IX wrote:1. The Monarch or Prime Minister must have been elected to a seat on the Board of Directors.
2. The Board of Directors shall elect from their number a President who shall conduct all meetings of the Board.
3. The Board of Directors shall elect from their number a Vice President who shall
a. Serve as President if the President is absent.
b. Become President if the position becomes empty.
4. The Board of Directors shall elect, from their number, a Treasurer who shall:
a. Work closely with the Prime Minister in monitoring Confederacy funds.
b. Perform unsolicited audits of the Confederacy financial records.
c. Audit all records at the end of each Prime Minister’s term of office before they are turned over to the next Prime Minister, as well as the middle of the Prime Minister’s term.
d. If necessary, seize all records and finances with the approval of the President, the disposition of which must be handled at the next Board meeting.
e. Shall maintain the land’s non-profit status.
f. The Prime Minister may not serve as the Board of Director’s Treasurer.
5. The Board of Directors shall elect, from their number, a Liaison Officer who shall
a. Be responsible for contact with all outside agencies.
b. Maintain a mailing and phone list of all agencies the Confederacy deals with.
c. Maintain copies of all contracts between the Board of Directors and any outside agency or subsidiary chapter.
6. The Board of Directors shall elect, from their number, a Secretary who shall record all minutes of Board of Directors meetings and publish them within four (4) weeks. Publication is defined as hard copy or electronic retrieval (such as posted on a website).

President, VP, Treasurer, Liason, and Secretary. The only limitation here is that the Treasurer may not be the PM. People can hold more than one seat, though it'd be Stoopid to be both Pres & VP.

We can meet at the park, some night of the week, an IRC channel, whatever, but it has to be Open To The Public. And it has to be once a month (though meetings can be canceled).

EDIT: I'll transfer SGBOD usergroup leadership to El Presidente as soon as we have one.
Last edited by LucasTheLost on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

<wheeze>Get off my lawn.</wheeze>
LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Re: Welcome, welcome, one and all.

Postby Brigade » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:12 pm

LucasTheLost wrote:We can meet at the park, some night of the week, an IRC channel, whatever, but it has to be Open To The Public. And it has to be once a month (though meetings can be canceled)

Wench + I chatted about this over IM .. we figured it would be a good idea to either hold our first meeting on the A&S night of the 6th, or post-park on the 7th (during dinner or whatnot) ..

Aside from electing officers, we need to look @ getting Duchy reqs up to spec (P.O. Box established, Bank Account, figure out the NPO status) ..

Think that was all we brainstormed about.
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Postby LAG » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:40 pm

I think pre-game on the 7th would be good as then it will give us post game to visit with those coming into town for our quest type day. Like perhaps 11:30 to 12:30..or 12:00 to 12:30. Something like that.

I am kinda open but must have some advanced notice as my schedule may have to be rearranged. Cursed real adult type life...
LAG

http://www.cup-n-coin.com
~~~
Read the Rules, Read the Rules, Read the Amtgard Rules!
It's Called a Corpora, And It's important!

~~~
LAG

Postby Rangor's Wench » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Why the 7th? We still have 2 weekends in January. I should think we'd want to get started sooner and not be tied up with BOD stuff on the day of Quest.

I'm available Friday at A&S (if we have one) or Saturday pre/post park day.
Wendy, Rangor's Wench

I am Nobody.
Nobody is Perfect.
Therefore I am Perfect!

DO EEEET!!! http://go.yaplet.com/?url=http://www.ca ... om/phpBB3/
Rangor's Wench

Postby Gonzo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:26 pm

I agree meeting quest day isn't a good idea, making people who live far away get there early/ making people stay after when we have visitors isn't the best plan.

I think meeting at an A&S night would be the best idea for a face to face

On the other hand if you would like to meet quickly I think the best option would be on a vent channel (if i remember correctly westmarch has one)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzo_journalism

This is where the symbol from my avatar comes from but not my name (which was gotten from the Muppet/my last name)
Gonzo

Postby LucasTheLost » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Gonzo wrote:I agree meeting quest day isn't a good idea, making people who live far away get there early/ making people stay after when we have visitors isn't the best plan.

OTOH, making people who live Far Away (ie: Brigade) make an extra trip isn't so bueno either.

I suppose we might even be able to have our "meetings" right here... It sure would make "taking minutes" easy. I don't know how that would fly with the whole NPO BOD angle though.

We can certainly look into Ventrilo (or Teamspeak, or whatever). It would certainly make Brigade's life easier as far as 'off night' meetings go.
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Postby Brigade » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 am

LucasTheLost wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I agree meeting quest day isn't a good idea, making people who live far away get there early/ making people stay after when we have visitors isn't the best plan.

OTOH, making people who live Far Away (ie: Brigade) make an extra trip isn't so bueno either.

No .. I knew when I was running for the BoD that I would be a bit out of the way, and I accepted that responsibility when I ran for the office. No extra-special consideration por moi.

We have meetings when it's convenient for everybody .. and if it requires an extra trip for me .. so be it. I signed up for this duty .. and knew what it would entail. If it requires getting to the park an hour or two early once a month or so .. no biggie. Same goes for a meeting on an off-day.
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Postby LAG » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Friday evenings are typically NOT good for me. I have an every friday previous commitment. Other nights of the week are possible. Again Adult real life intervenes (and has the right of way).

Not trying to be difficult...
LAG

~~~

~~~
LAG

Postby LucasTheLost » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:57 am

I don't hear anyone saying "no" to early on Saturdays, just that extra stuff on the 7th specifically isn't such a good idea.

What say we hold our first meeting on Saturday the 31st at... 11:30?

We could start nominating people here as well. No need to wait for the meeting for that.
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Postby LAG » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:00 pm

LucasTheLost wrote:I don't hear anyone saying "no" to early on Saturdays, just that extra stuff on the 7th specifically isn't such a good idea.

What say we hold our first meeting on Saturday the 31st at... 11:30?

We could start nominating people here as well. No need to wait for the meeting for that.

Good for me.
LAG

~~~

~~~
LAG

Postby Rangor's Wench » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:26 pm

That works.
Wendy, Rangor's Wench

I am Nobody.
Nobody is Perfect.
Therefore I am Perfect!

DO EEEET!!! http://go.yaplet.com/?url=http://www.ca ... om/phpBB3/
Rangor's Wench

Return to BOD