PM Monthly Updates

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

PM Monthly Updates

Postby Endol » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:20 pm

This might be a terrible idea, but I wanted to do monthly updates/reminder/althing-follow-ups... both on FB AND here on the forums. Here's the first.
Please don't hate me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/10/16
Hey Wyvern's Spur!
Endol--your new PM--here!
I've decided I wanna post monthly Althing-follow-ups/reminders to keep us (oh, who am I kidding... to keep *ME*) up-to-date on all things Wyvern's Spur! (And, also, in case you missed the Althing.) So, here goes:

1. Using Park Funds to Commission New Loaner Swords and Arrows --
As brought up at the 2-7-16 Althing: Given our rising number of new members, we are in need of more loaner short swords and arrows. More than we've currently got. Perhaps we can pay some of our artisans over at Sylvan Reaches and Crimson Wood to make us some? We'll vote on this next month!

2. Dues --
Some of your membership dues are about to expire!
Thistledown Notagnome - dues expire on 2/13
Cohen the Barbarian - dues expire on 2/16
Dratz - dues expire on 2/16
If you'd like to pay dues to knock off that requirement to become voting members, please get your dues to me. $10 for 6 months.
If you've any questions about why one would *want* to pay dues, please feel free to PM me :-)

3. DundraCon --
It's coming up THIS weekend from Feb 12-15 in San Ramon! To those going, please feel free to take lots and lots of pics of our Amtgard stuff! And please feel free---no. compelled---feel COMPELLED to send them to me or post them here for all to enjoy :-) (and for me to take for my end-of-term audit)

4. First Aid Kit --
I forget who said they had a first aid kit they were gonna look for (bad PM! sowwie), but let's try and make sure that one makes it to park every week in case of any injuries. :-) I'd be happy to hold onto one of them... though I can't make it to park on the 21st. :-(

5. Lee's Water Fund --
Don't forget to bring any spare $ you may have lying around and consider donating to Lee. He's been paying out-of-pocket to bring us water every week to make sure we're all hydrated. Let's show him some love back (and we may even get... *gasp* Potions of Vigor! (Gatorade))!

6. ORK --
Credits from Feb 7th have been entered. I'm waiting for one more piece(s) of critical info to enter the awards (Namely... what each specific award was *for*). Once I have that (or after Valentine's Day--whichever comes first), I will enter those ASAP.
Until then, for any new members, did you know you have a page dedicated to you on the ORK? Simply visit the link below and find yourself.

http://amtgard.com/ork/orkui/index.php? ... ark&id=132

If you wanna get a pic of yourself or your heraldry up there, PM with the files and I'll get to it ASAP.

7. North Kingdom Fight Practice --
Have you seen this FB event yet?
https://www.facebook.com/events/178236629209328/
I am SO FRIGGIN SAD I cannot be at park that day 'cause I'll be performing in SF. But all y'all will still be there! Fight lots & Flurb more for me!
Since I cannot be there, Elysia will be your PM for that day. (I would also just like to say: She has passed on her knowledge to me in such a smooth and thorough way! I am in awe! I'm feeling much more reassured after our hand-off meeting yesterday! THANKS ELYSIA!! ^__^)

8. Westmarch Tutorial for Fighters (W.T.F.) --
Speaking of fighting, have you seen this event?
https://www.facebook.com/events/611069465698348/
Two Knights of the Sword, Sir Eggman and Sir Anatole will lead a day of classes and ditching designed to help players improve various aspects of their fighting game. This will be in Santa Clara on Sat, March 5th.
(If anyone's going and has room in their car for me and can promise to be back in SF by 6:30pm so I can do an 8pm show that night, I will pay for your gas and sing you songs.)

9. Forum --
I will also be posting all of this on the forum.
"What forum?" I asked, months ago. This one.
viewforum.php?f=5

10. January Numbers --
Average Weekly Attendance: 24.6
Average Weekly Visitors: 3.2
Number of Unique January Sign-Ins: 50
#WyvernsSpurforBarony

11. Spell-of-the-Week:
"Terror"
T: Verbal S: Death R: 20'
I: "Death makes thee terrified" x3
E: Target may not attack or cast magic at the caster. Target must remain at least 50' away from the caster unless forced there by another Magic or Ability. Lasts 30 seconds.
N: If the caster attacks or begins another magic at the target, this spell's effect is negated.
Translation: Someone yells at you. You gotta stay faaaaarr away from that person. And you also can't shoot them or chuck stuff at them. For 30 seconds. Also works on Barbars. You can totes be released from this though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that's all for now. :-)
PM / Comment if you've any questions / concerns :-)
<3
Last edited by Yrduna on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: PM changeover
Though I'm not sure what for, I'm sure I'm probably sorry.
If you wanna stalk me, check out LouelSenores.com
I know. Hella shameless. #BarditUP
Endol

Re: PM Monthly Updates

Postby Vidya » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:43 pm

I like this.... I this A LOT.... Muhahaha! hmmm I'm not sure why I felt maniacal for a moment there.

I regret nothing!

teehe people are using the forum yay!
Vidya

Postby Endol » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 am

Thank you! :-)
I occasionally get feelings of maniacal-ness too. But they don't last long.
Like that time there was this one guy that was totally always talking to me and chatting and sparring, etc. I felt pretty maniacal then.
...Then I became PM and saw his waiver.*

He was only 16.

*details modified for identity protection and dramatic effect*
Endol

Postby Endol » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Well, I guess it hasn't quite been a month yet, but...
'nother mass-message posted on FB. Posting here as well for this audience.

2/24/16
~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Updating Graphics:
It has been brought to my attention that our land's possible promotion from Shire to Barony may be voted on soon! I'm still pretty noob-ish when it comes to kingdom affairs, so I'm still trying to communicate with folks to see if there's more I should be doing, but... with that said, if the promotion happens, would anyone like to volunteer to make updated graphics? Basically something that says "Barony of Wyvern's Spur" in fancy letters, like in the cover image on facebook? Preferably at least one version on a white/blank background. I'd like to update all of our media quickly (FB, meetup, business cards, brochures, etc.) if the need arises.
And I hope it does.

2. Pre-Amt Fighting:
The North Kingdom Fighter Practice has given me motivation to fight more...!! And since we haven't currently found a time to have regular weekly Fighter Practices, I figure I'd try something else; Every week, I'll be at park by 11:30am. This is just 30 minutes before our official start time, though with "Amtgard-time," it might feel like a bit more. If anyone wants to show up early and fight with me, please do smile emoticon And if nobody comes, I'll just occupy myself with thespian stuff. No biggy at all.

3. Civil:
This is gonna sound like spam, but... Speaking of thespian stuff, my next show is coming up in a little over a week. A few of you have said, "Invite us next time you have a show, Endol!" so here ya go! Normally, I wouldn't... at least not this publicly, but this upcoming show is so delightfully NERDY that you might actually find it interesting. (I already know my next show after this is, like, drama... prooobably not gonna mass-invite for that one...)
https://www.facebook.com/events/961051657294463/
Tix are $20. I have a discount code. Also, they're open to group rates. Thurs/Fri/Sat at 8pm in SF for the three weekends in March 4th - 19th.

4. WTF
Is anyone going to WTF? It's soon. Still offering $$ to anyone who can get me there, and then back to SF by 630p so I can do my show that night...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks y'all! ^.^
Endol

Postby Endol » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:57 am

Hey Wyvern's Spur!
Got some important and/or exciting things for ya!

3/4/16
~~~~~~~~~~~

1a. Postponing Local Althing:
Our local Althing that was scheduled for this Sunday, March 6th, will be postponed for a week and will be scheduled for Sunday, March 13th unless otherwise stated. The pinned calendar has been updated with this change.
1b. Recall that we do have Althing business to discuss / vote on: The Commissioning of Extra Loaner Gear (including loaner arrows) using land funds.

2. The March Kingdom Althing is approaching and we are on the docket for possible promotion to barony! woot! A link to the althing items is below... and below that are the items themselves:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8593

a) The Shire of Wyvern's Spur has had two excellent grades in a row.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WyvernsSpur/
Vote to promote Wyvern's Spur to Barony.
_Aye
_Nay
_Abstain
_Postone to April althing

b) The Shire of Mistyvale has had two excellent grades in a row.
https://www.facebook.com/MistyvalePage/
Vote to promote Mistyvale to Barony.
_Aye
_Nay
_Abstain

c) The Duchy of Thor's Refuge has had two failing grades in a row.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thors.Refuge/
Vote to demote Thor's Refuge to Barony.
_Aye
_Nay
_Abstain

And if anybody's curious, here's a link to our Bid for Barony:
https://db.tt/uSNR5ct6

I need your votes by Sunday, March 13th. Current voting members are:
1. Azus (David)
2. Cohen the Barbarian (Juliana)
3. Dratz (Arthur)
4. Elysia Tilde (Kelsey)
5. Endol (that's me!)
6. Lettice (Sarah)
7. Übrik (Baylis)
8. Vidya (Vidya)

PM, text, or just tell me at park, as I will be at park on both the 6th and the 13th.

3) Reminder! WTF is THIS Saturday. Classes begin at 10am.

4) Reminder! Flurbtastic is at the end of this month!
https://www.facebook.com/events/513374878830783/

5) Kingdom Quals will be happening sometime in April! For those who are interested in running for monarchy positions, keep your ears perked for more info about Quals. AND it's never too early to start making things for Dragonmaster :-)
(Full disclosure: It may turn out that we may have the option of hosting this event. Not a guarantee, but just a possibility at this point. In such an event, we'll need to elect a quals crat--- perfect opportunity for someone who's thinking of taking on a leadership role ^.^)

6) This is a while away...a few months actually, but... Darkshore is happening in May!
https://www.facebook.com/events/457156224485519/

7a) As before, I'll be at park around 11:30 in case anybody wants to show up early to fight :-) Predator, Drogar, and Subzero were there early last week :-)
7b) AND last time I'll plug this here, I swear; My current show goes on in SF for three weekends-- Thur/Fri/Sat at 8pm until March 19th. For everyone who's ever mentioned they wanted to see me in a play, here's your chance. Did I mention it's nerdy as ****? Yeah, it is.
https://www.facebook.com/events/961051657294463/
http://www.quantumdragon.org/#!civil/sxpdn

Thanks all! :-)
Endol

Postby Endol » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:34 pm

3-11-16

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Y'all!
Me again. Just a few quick reminders. :-)

1. Daylight Savings
Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday, March 13th! That means at 2am Sunday morning, you set the clock forward one hour! Don't forget, or else we might start the class games without ya!

2. Kingdom Althing Votes
Remember to get your votes in to me ASAP regarding the March Kingdom Althing! It would be embarrassing if we failed to vote for our own potential promotion to barony-level! To reiterate, the topics are in the following link and also listed below.
http://caamtgard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8593
a) Vote to promote Wyvern's Spur to Barony.
b) Vote to promote Mistyvale to Barony.
c) Vote to demote Thor's Refuge to Barony.
For each of the three items, you may vote Aye (yes), Nay (No), Abstain, or Postpone to April Althing.
Here's a link to our Bid for Barony:
https://db.tt/uSNR5ct6

3. Local Althing
Reminder: Our Local Althing will be happening this Sunday. To my understanding, we will not yet be actually voting on the issue, but collecting thoughts and going into more specifics about the issue--in this case: using land funds to commission loaner gear. The goal (again, to my understanding) is to have something SPECIFIC to vote on: using $___ for # of ___. ‪#‎YaySpecificity‬!

4. Fun Fact: Previous Food Fights!
Speaking of $, did you know that for the previous two Amtgard Food Fights (an annual fundraiser that Amtgard does), Wyvern's Spur (*cough* AZUS *cough*) raised $295.92 (2014) and $338.95 (2015) for the Alameda County Community Food Bank? Well, now you do! And I do too 'cause I'm sending the checks. ^.^ #YaySpecificity

5. February numbers are in!
Average Weekly Attendance: 23.75 (last month: 24.6)
Average Weekly Visitors: 6.75 (last month: 3.2)
Number of Unique February Sign-Ins: 74 (last month: 50)

6. We're Hosting Kingdom Quals!
In case anybody missed it, we're hosting Kingdom Quals!
What does that mean? Well, the short version is: in order for folks to run for a monarchy position, they need to qualify. Therefore, there is a tournament they need to enter. This said tournament--or, Kingdom Quals--will have a fighting component, as well as a cultural (Arts & Sciences) component. The location of the tournament revolves through the different parks. And this time, the ball falls to Wyvern's Spur to host it. Our fearless Sheriff, Cohen, has volunteered to autocrat (be in charge of) the event, so let's all be sure to support her as much as possible!
The previous iteration of the Reign Calendar had Kingdom Quals listed as 4/9/16, so I moved it to 4/10/16... but again, this date is still TENTATIVE.

7. Fighting Drills!
Sir Anatole, who was one of the teachers who taught at the recent Westmarch Tutorial for Fighters, has shared a list of drills he uses.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/122F ... 3ebrY/edit
Maybe let's do some? Let's all get better at fighting! ROAR! :-)
(No, but seriously, gosh I hope I've gotten better...!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And, on that note, see you all Sunday!
I will arrive at 11:30 once again for anyone who wants to come early and fight! Thanks to Finn, Ubrik, Vidya, Jason, Leeroy, and Dratz for getting the fighting started early last week! :-)
AND I'll be seeing some of you at my show tonight! 8pm @ the Mojo Theatre (2940 16th St) Excited!! Hope you'll enjoy it! :-)
Last edited by Endol on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endol

Postby Ubrik » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Endol, can you tell me what our current funds(bank, petty cash, pending transactions) are?
Ubrik

Postby Endol » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Sure!
As of 3-11-16 // 4:27pm

CURRENT FUNDS IN ACCOUNT:
$971.37

PENDING TRANSACTIONS
-$295.92 (Food Fight 2014)
-$338.95 (Food Fight 2015)

(TOTAL IN ACCOUNT AFTER PENDING TRANSACTIONS:)
($336.50)

----
PETTY CASH BOX:
$163.24
Endol

Postby Ubrik » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Thank you very much!
Ubrik

Postby Endol » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:24 am

3-18-16

Hey y'all!

Few quick things:

1. Updating All Graphics to say "Barony"
In case you haven't heard, we're a barony now! Whoo-hoo! As much as I love our current cover picture, I'd love to have a formal one for use in our business cards, flyers, formal documents, awards, etc. etc. Can someone with access to cool fonts (like the one in our cover pic) make me an image that says "Barony of Wyvern's Spur" ? I don't seem to have access to cool fonts... not even Papyrus. :-(

2. State of Amtgard Questionnaire
I've been asked by the powers that be to complete the State of Amtgard questionnaire for Wyvern's Spur. Thanks to Azus and the rest of the monarchy, I have what we think are relatively accurate-ish answers to all of the questions. Nonetheless, just to be sure:
Who all here in Wyvern's Spur is part of a Household or a Fighting Company??? I know of the ones listed below (though it doesn't hurt to remind me that you're a member of one of them), but are there others I'm missing?

Households:
Clan MacAbee
SafeSpace
House Lioness
House of the Comet (COMMIT!!)
House of the Wild Hunt

Fighting Companies:
Crimson Marauders

Are there others I'm missing? I'll wait a few days before I continue with completing the questionnaire.

3. Further Althing Specifications:
Not wanting to inundate y'all with information, I held off on this for a bit, but during the VERY RAINY park day last week, there was further discussion about the proposal regarding the use of park funds for loaner gear. Of the $499.74 currently in our land's account and petty cash box, the proposal is to use approx $200 of these funds for the acquisition of land loaner gear constructed by the artisans who come to our park; $50 would be spent on purchasing arrows from Jason/Yeison, and the other $150 for other weapons we don't have much of on field (flails, bucklers, shields, madus, loaner poles, etc.), likely constructed by Rill.
This was as much information as I could get on the issue. So, let's vote!
Aye, Nay, Abstain, or Postpone til April. Any additional comments can be sent to me as well for anonymity's sake and I can post it here. These votes are due by the end of the month 3/31/16, a few days before the next scheduled Althing in April.

Current voting members are:
Azus (David)
Cohen the Barbarian (Juliana)
Dratz (Arthur)
Elysia (Kelsey)
Endol (that's me!)
Lettice (Sarah)
Übrik (Baylis)
Vidya (Vidya)
and Thistledown (James) has also said mentioned he will get his dues in.

4. Reminder: We're hosting Kingdom Quals on Sunday, April 17th! Please PM Cohen if you wanna help reeve, help run a tourney, judge A&S entries, etc. Facebook calendar has been updated to reflect this date. I still do not have access to change the calendar on the forums, however.

5. Reminder: FLURBTASTIC IS NEXT WEEK!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/events/513374878830783
I hope you are all excited!! ^.^
Endol

Postby Endol » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:30 pm

3-22-16

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Barony of Wyvern's Spur!!

Just a few things:

1. Declarations!
Elections will be coming up soon! And Quals, even sooner! That means, it's time to declare if you're thinking of running for a park office position. This declaration must be made publicly here or in the Amtgard forums BEFORE Quals. Link to the PM thread in the forums is below.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8578
We will need a Baron, Regent, Champion, and now that we're a BARONY, a Guildmaster of Reeves would be awesome.

2. Final Flurbtastic Plug!
This is happening THIS weekend! Facebook event is here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/513374878830783/
If anyone has any room in their car, Predator has posted that he could use a ride!
I cannot go to Flurbtastic, but I will be at regular park. Just know that it may be a low attendance day :-/ Also know that there might not be a whole lot of equipment...

3. We're hosting Kingdom Quals!
Event page is up! Link is here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1583665168619097/

4. The Loaner Gear Proposal
The original proposer of said proposal had agreed to have a discussion on the specifics before any further voting is done, so it has been tabled 'til next Althing (4/3/16).

5. Poor Me :-(
Bad news y'all. Just got my rehearsal schedule for my next show... I've posted a pic of my weekends below. :-( Looks like I'm gonna be away from park for a whiiiiile... Rest assured, I will still enter all credits as fast as I can, but... sigh. I AM REALLY SAD ABOUT THIS. (And no Jugger too! @#$%!!! They also booked Saturdays! Darn having children in the cast!!!) Sigh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Endol

Postby Endol » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 pm

3-27-16 (HAPPY EASTER!)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Wyvern's Spurians!
It's your favorite weekly long-message-from-me time!

1. DECLARATIONS!
If you've not yet declared and you want to run for the next reign, you should declare soon! Before Quals! If you've any questions about the positions, feel free to PM me or ask the officer currently holding that position. You may declare here in Facebook OR, more officially (and preferred) on the Wyvern's Spur forum! Vidya has declared for Regent AND has just set up the thread, which is here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8611
(Thanks Vidya!)

2. LOCAL ALTHING
We've an Althing scheduled for this coming Sunday, April 3rd. I believe it was agreed upon by the original proposer to postpone the loaner-weapon proposal discussion until after quals. Nonetheless, if anybody else has other park business to bring forward, we shall make the time to hear it this coming Sunday ^.^

3. KINGDOM ALTHING
There are TWO kingdom Althings in the month of April! All topics and relevant details can be found in the following link:
http://caamtgard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8609
Votes for the specific item below are due by this coming Sunday, April 3rd!

Shall Westmarch provide $300 from the general account for Darkshore Feast?
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Postpone

1. Azus (David)
2. Cohen (Juliana)
3. Dratz (Arthur)
4. Elysia Tilde (Kelsey)
5. Endol (that's me!)
6. Lettice (Sarah)
7. Mask (Benjamin)
8. Übrik (Baylis)
9. Vidya (Vidya)
and
10. Thistledown (James) has expressed interest in getting your dues in to vote. (@#$%! I keep forgetting to ask you at park!)

I'll post with the rest of the April items after the results are in for this one.

4. Thanks to Ubrik and Vidya for providing an updated banner for our FB group page! Of course, if other artsy people wanna make a super rad one, please feel free! ^__^ This is just to look slightly more official until then!

5. March numbers are in!
...All the rain definitely hurt us a lil' bit. :-/
Average Weekly Attendance: 14.50 (last month: 23.75)
Average Weekly Visitors: 6.75 (last month: 1.25)
Number of Unique March Sign-Ins: 34 (last month: 74)

6. Since I'm gonna be MIA a lot in April/May, I've uploaded my sign-in sheet in the files section of the FB group, and it is also available at the following link:
https://db.tt/Bu8nNMXl
I'll do my best to announce in advance the weeks I won't be there so that someone may print the sign-in sheet and take a pic for me afterward ^.^
The updated waiver that Elysia made (the one WITHOUT pager number) has also been uploaded to the files section of the FB group and provided at the link below:
https://db.tt/nQYOjyeg

7. Thank you to all who helped compile/track information regarding the State of Amtgard Questionnaire. It was submitted last week, but I forgot to mention it here ^.^()

And that's it! Thank'ee ^.^
Endol

Postby Endol » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:44 pm

4-3-16

Weekly Update Time!!

1. REMINDER: KINGDOM QUALS
...is THIS COMING SUNDAY APRIL 10TH AT OUR PARK!!! Come enter the Warmaster and Dragonmaster tourneys and meet folks from all over Westmarch! Event link is below:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1583665168619097

2. DECLARATIONS:
If you haven't declared yet, be sure to do so publicly on FB and/or here in the forums!
http://caamtgard.com/phpBB3/

Current declarations are:
Dratz for Baron
Vidya for Regent
Drogar for Heir Apparent

We still need a Local Champion and Local GMR!!!

3. USING LAND FUNDS FOR LOANER WEAPONS
As discussed at park today, I've started a thread here in the forums. For further discussion regarding this issue, please comment there.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8612

4. FIGHTER PRACTICES???
Grey Haven (the San Francisco Belegarth group) has been gracious enough to welcome us to their weekly practices, which are Wednesdays at 7:30pm at Mission Bay Commons Park. As I currently understand it, this will also count as official Amtgard Fighter Practices (Woo! Quarter credits!) until we are able to schedule our own.
I can't find a numerical address for the place, but the website is here:
http://missionbayparks.com/mission-bay-commons/

NOTE: Belegarth is NOT Amtgard. They hit a little harder, grappling's allowed, and there's all kinds of fun tricks shields can do...!! But the similarities outweigh the differences!
Plus, I'll be there sometimes and I'm, like, delicate'n'stuff...
(Unrelated: If you're into more foam stuff, feel free to ask me about Jugger anytime ^__^ There's a UC/Berkeley group, Oakland group, and SF group!)

5. DUES ABOUT TO EXPIRE:
Lettice (Sarah) - Dues Expire on April 18th
Yrduna (Alisha) - Dues Expire on April 18th
Azus (David) - Dues Expire on April 18th

6. MORE APRIL ALTHING STUFF!
Be sure to check out this thread to learn about the next items I will pester you all about in two weeks smile emoticon
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8609
(Don't worry! I won't pester you directly until the 17th ^.^)

7. A BIG THANKS TO KAHIKI!!!
For bringing us lots and lots of foam!!!!! (And she still has more!! XD)

8. UPCOMING EVENTS!
Darkshore XIX (May 5th - 8th)

Salt Wars 2016 (May 26th - 29th)
https://www.facebook.com/events/209789169373655/
I believe Yeison is going and is looking for others who wanna carpool with him smile emoticon

Feast of Mars XII / Olympiad XXVI (Sept 29th - Oct 2nd)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1692538987702314/
Endol

Postby Endol » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:14 pm

4-13-16

Weekly-ish Update Time!!!
Warning: this is LOOOONG, but TIME-SENSITIVE. :-(
We have got A LOT to vote on. All due by this Sunday.

i. Azus (David​) - Dues expire on 4/19!
ii. Cohen the Barbarian (Juliana​)
iii. Dratz (Arthur​)
iv. Drogar (Martin​)
v. Elysia Tilde (Kelsey​)
vi. Endol (that's me!)
vii. Mask (Benjamin​)
viii. Thistledown (James​)
ix. Übrik (Baylis​)
x. Vidya (Vidya​)

1. LOCAL ELECTIONS!
With Kingdom Quals behind us---Can we all give a shout out to Cohen the Barbarian for autocrat-ing the Kingdom Quals!!---it's time for ELECTIONS!!
Though the individual quals results have not yet been posted, I've been given info that the following individuals did, indeed, satisfy the qualification requirements. And so, we vote for our local monarchy for the next reign! Please get me your votes by Sunday.
Note that I can NOT be at field this Sunday to bug you directly. :-(

-Dratz for Baron
Confidence
No Confidence
Abstain

-Vidya for Regent
Confidence
No Confidence
Abstain

-Drogar for Heir Apparent
Confidence
No Confidence
Abstain

We did not receive any declarations for the offices of Champion and GMR, though there have been some rumors of possible interested parties. However, as far as I understand the procedures, if any of the above do not receive a confidence vote for their intended position, they get first dibs at running for any of the vacant positions. (Someone please correct me if this is wrong!) In other words, we'll elect those who have declared first, THEN deal with the vacancies.

2. KINGDOM ELECTIONS
The Kingdom of Westmarch is going through this process as well, and I'll need your votes for the following:

-Kalevra for King
Confidence
No Confidence
Abstain

-Clenawe for Regent
Confidence
No Confidence
Abstain

-Champion
Porkins
Belias
Abstain

-Elysia Tilde for GMR
Confidence
No Confidence
Abstain

Some of their statements can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8596

Kalevra and Porkins also wrote additional blurbs on FB that are not in the link I provided above:

from KALEVRA:
"Hello Westmarch,
If I am elected as king again, during the next reign we will be experiencing CIVIL WAR! The purpose of which will be to encourage travel between parks.
There will be an automatic Look the Part bonus for anyone wearing their lands heraldry. Why would you travel you ask? Because I am distributing the Relics and Talismans to the lands of Westmarch based on that lands size and core status. Each Land will be responsible for creating the Relic assigned to their park. Two weeks after Coronation, invasion of lands is encouraged.
The rules for invasion are as follows:
1. The Invading group must supply 2 Reeves of their choice.
2. The Invaded land must supply 2 Reeves of their choice.
3. Both groups must agree on a 5th Reeve.
4. The Leaders or Monarchs of both teams must negotiate the rules to a battle game that they both agree is a fair contest.
5. The Winner of that Battle Game gets the Invaded Parks Relic, as well as any other stakes agreed upon during the Negotiation phase."

from PORKINS
"Greetings Westmarch,
As the elections are nearby I thought I would expand upon my goals should I be elected.So in addition to my goals listed in my declaration I want to:
1. Visit all the Core Lands and as many sponsored lands as possible by the end of the reign (Skyfire bay is unlikely but possible.)
2. Update the Champions handbook, The old Handbook is great but needs updating to v8 and collaboration with the local champions to add more battlegame ideas to keep things interesting.
3 Get every land at least one weapon checker tool, these things make weapon checking much easier,faster, and accurate."

3. CORPORA COMMITTEE
AND I also need your votes for some corpora changes from our Corpora Committee.

Corpora: Section 2, Item 3
Currently reads
"Westmarch typically meets at various locations in California (“the park”, “the field”) where battlegames,ditches, tournaments, and other events are held using the, most current, Amtgard Rules of Play. Events hosted by the Kingdom are considered to be held by the Kingdom for the purposes of officer jurisdiction and
attendance"

to be replaced with:

"Westmarch typically meets at various locations primarily in California (“the park”, “the field”) where battlegames, ditches, tournaments, and other events are held using the most current, Amtgard Rules of Play (also referred to as RoP). Events hosted by the Kingdom are considered to be held by the Kingdom for the purposes of officer jurisdiction and attendance."

Reasons for changes:
>Accuracy - Added "Primarily" in front of California, as we have chapters in Nevada and Hawaii.
>Grammatical - Removed extraneous comma in "the, most current"
>Continuity - Added "also referred to as RoP"

Aye
Nay
Abstain
Postpone

Section 2, Item 4:
Currently reads:
"Westmarch sponsors several smaller chapters that also play Amtgard, but are not autonomous kingdoms. Although voting membership in the Kingdom as defined by these bylaws, all chapters within the Kingdom are considered to be part of the Kingdom and under the jurisdiction of the Kingdom officers and these bylaws"

to be replaced with:

"Westmarch sponsors several smaller chapters that also play Amtgard, but are not autonomous kingdoms. Although voting membership in the Kingdom is defined separately by these bylaws, all chapters within the Kingdom are considered to be part of the Kingdom and under the jurisdiction of the Kingdom officers and these bylaws"

Reasons for Changes:
>Grammatical - changed "As" to "Is".
>Clarification - Rephrasing

Aye
Nay
Abstain
Postpone

Section 2: Item 5

Add the following passage as Section 2: Item 5

"This document describes how the Kingdom functions, and unless specified separately, all chapters within the Kingdom shall function as described for the Kingdom."

Reason:
>Clarification.

Aye
Nay
Abstain
Postpone

4. I CANNOT BE AT PARK THIS SUNDAY 4/17
Could someone volunteer to print out a sign-in sheet (attached) and take a pic of it for me? Also, it'd be great if I could get the physical copy at some point from this volunteer as well. :-)

5. FINAL REMINDER: DUES ABOUT TO EXPIRE:
Lettice (Sarah​) - Dues Expire on April 18th
Yrduna (Alisha​) - Dues Expire on April 18th
Azus (David) - Dues Expire on April 18th

6. TOURNEY RESULTS!
In case anyone missed it, the results from this last weekend's tournament is up! You can see it here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8616

7. AWARDS SUGGESTIONS!
In case anyone missed this post, here it is again:

Do you think someone did something SO AWESOME this past reign that the KINGDOM of Westmarch should be the one to award them??? Then fill out the form in the link below!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17lGuYM ... 8/viewform

8. UPCOMING EVENTS!
Darkshore XIX (which I just learned is also the Kingdom Coronation) (May 5th - 8th)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aaaand that's all for now. phew.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Endol

Postby Endol » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:05 pm

4-23-16

Hey everyone!
Few quick announcements.

1. ELECTION RESULTS:
The votes for our local monarchy have been tallied and are as follows:

Of 10 voting-eligible members, 9 voted.

DRATZ (Arthur) for BARON: 8 Conf, 1 Abstain
Dratz will be our new Baron!!!!

VIDYA (Vidya) for REGENT: 7 Conf, 2 Abstain
Vidya will be our new Regent!!!!

DROGAR (Martin) for HEIR APPARENT: 6 Conf, 3 Abstain
Drogar will be our Heir Apparent!!!!

Currently, the spots of Champion and GMR are vacant. However, Mask (Benjamin) has expressed interest in being Champion and Cohen the Barbarian (Juliana) has expressed interest in being GMR. And so, we'll vote them in during our next Althing.

2. AWARDS
The end of the reign is also a time for awards! If you think someone deserves an award, send me a message describing what/why and I will forward it on to our monarchy to discuss.

3. CORONATION
The date of our coronation has changed to Sunday, May 15th--the week after Darkshore. We'll hold our court and May Althing then as well to knock 'em all out in one convenient swoop.

4. SIGN-IN SHEET FOR TOMORROW -- I'll be MIA again tomorrow due to rehearsal for my next show. If someone can make a sign-in and send me a pic or list, it would be much appreciated.

5. UPCOMING EVENTS
Darkshore XIX (Kingdom Coronation) (May 5th - 8th)

Thanks
Endol

Next

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA